+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

I was wondering why my profiles were so way off earlier today. And in doing some testing I set a default profile that had some major edits. When doing a new G7 calibration I noticed the targets were very greenish and the measurements were way off. So I backed out and set another profile for the default output profile and got a clear different looking G7 target.

Surely this is not correct behavior. This is Version 4.9.3.01.

If this intended behavior what profile is recommended to be set as the default output profile. But I still can't see why you would want an output profile (to one set as default) applied to a G7 calibration target.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

As a test I went in a set the source profile to Bypass Conversion and the G7 target is still being converted by the CWS set default output profile.

Default RE: G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

Hi Doyle.

I've heard reports of this before but we have never been able to reproduce. We'll take another look. Can you please send me a private messages with the details on y9our Fiery, the version of CWS you are running, and images of the config sheets for your Fiery?

Thanks.

~Lou

So at this point I am finding if the default output profile edits are done Color Editor they are applied to the G7 target. If the edits are done in Fiery Profile Editor they are not applied to the G7 target.

Another thing that seems to be an issue in getting good profile. After the initial calibration I go right back and do a re-calibration and this is the difference I get. No wonder that when a profile is made when the initial calibration is done that after a re-calibration the colors are off.

When I caught this earlier I made a new profile after re-calibrating and that was pretty good and stayed that way when re-calibrating again.

So I tested this again and did a screen capture of the change for initial calibration including G7 and them immediately did a re-calibration to show how much it was off. Why is this happening?
    Attached Images  

Default RE: G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

This is very interesting.

Please confirm this is not the case where you started with an edited profile as server default.

Your Y and K seem ok. On recal dMax is about the same so they should get linearized / G7'd fine.

But the C and M are way off - on the re-cal they are 30 points or more higher.

A couple of questions:

1. Did you start from making new calibration set with G7?

2. Did you roll off the gray balance correction in the G7 controls, setting gray balance limit to be at 80% ot so? If you gray balance the 3C shadow I could imagine a case where the initial result was very blue and so C and M got pulled back at the shadow hy the G7. This is only a theory, we'd have to do a test to confirm.

3. If you make a new cal an G7 and profile, then recalibrate and make a new profile does the future recal work ok? I think you said this but we need more details of how you proved that.

4. Can you check the calibration job (when creating the cal), the G7 job, and the re-calibration job in CWS? Look at the image tab in Job Properties. Are the resolution and halftone screen the same in all these jobs? They should be, I just want to check since if that changed it might cause the strange behavior you are seeing.

~Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Another thing that seems to be an issue in getting good profile. After the initial calibration I go right back and do a re-calibration and this is the difference I get. No wonder that when a profile is made when the initial calibration is done that after a re-calibration the colors are off.

When I caught this earlier I made a new profile after re-calibrating and that was pretty good and stayed that way when re-calibrating again.

So I tested this again and did a screen capture of the change for initial calibration including G7 and them immediately did a re-calibration to show how much it was off. Why is this happening?

Best practice seems to be to create the initial (new) calibration and G7 calibration. Then re-calibrate and create a profile. That seems to create the best profile with very little editing necessary.

I profile inkjet all the time with almost never having to edit the output profiles. The combination of FCP, EX-P2100, FS100, always needs so tweaking to the output profile. I am just trying to get to the bottom of why that is. I have identified and reported a couple of things here but will keep testing and trying to figure things out.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I can pass G7 and meet GRACoL with Express Profile every time--even without choosing MaxGCR.

ES-2000, iSis XL, or KM FD-9. Take your pick.

Tweaking, then simply means meeting your particular visual preferences.

Tests today.

First test was with Express Profiler.

Original Calibration. Notice how low the Cyan and Magenta are.

1st Recalibration. Now Cyan and Magenta are way different.

Recalibrated again with ColorWise and matched the FCP Recalibration.
    Attached Images      

Now created a new calibration in ColorWise. Both the original and the Recalibration appear to have the same values.
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast