+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Can you clarify this.

Output Profile Curve edits done with CW ColorEditor effect or apply to calibration?

Output Profile Curve edits done with FCP Editor applied to Output Profile and do not effect or apply to calibration?
    Last edited by Doyle; 03-27-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Default RE: G7 Calibration Using the Default Profile assigned in CWS

Hi Doyle.

Sorry if this is elsewhere in the thread but can you please tell us the Fiery you have? Ideally print the config sheets and send them too as scans.

We need to set up exactly your environment to test this.

Thanks.

~Lou

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Hi Doyle.

Sorry if this is elsewhere in the thread but can you please tell us the Fiery you have? Ideally print the config sheets and send them too as scans.

We need to set up exactly your environment to test this.

Thanks.

~Lou
    Post #20 has the server configuration pdf attached.

Still doing it at random. 51 Patch Solid Magenta showing 90%K and 5%Y in ImageView.

On further checking the properties of the bad calibration target it appears that "ColorWise Off" is not actually being selected. Source profile is actually blank.

Hi All, I'm on my first calibration sets and output profiles and got the same doubts. I searched the forum and found this discussion, but I'm not sure I fully understood.

What happened today: I created a new calibration set and output profile and associated them to a paper stock, but when I tried producing a second calibration set and output profile I got bad results. I therefore started suspecting that the previous output profile was being applied, through the paper stock associated with that profile.

What is the best practice? Shall I select a general paper type (i.e. coated), so that the Fiery uses the RIP default output profile, or shall I select a sort of "neutral" output profile (I wouldn't know which one)?

Thanks for your time

Did you assign the first output profile to the paper in the Paper catalog? There is/was definitely a bug somewhere that picked up output profiles when calibrating. It seemed to me that it had something to do with edited profiles.

Also what is your default profile set to? That seemed to have something to do with it but I am not sure that in some situation it might pick up a profile associated with a paper catalog.

Then again it could be you just had a read error.

Compare your two calibration targets and see if anything looks off.

Hi, can you give us a little more detail?

You made your first calibrataion set and profile from CPS and result looked good. Questions:

1. What calibration target did you use (51 random maybe)? What measuring instrument and measurement mode? What was the paper type?

2. What profiling target did you use (1485 random maybe)? What measuring instrument and measurement mode?

3. Did you specify media using the paper catalog?

4. What test file did you print? How did you set Job Properties to have it use the profile you made?

Then please answer all these questions for your second profile that looked bad.

Thanks,

~Lou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3