+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery Go Disconnect iGen5

Default Fiery Go Disconnect iGen5

Initially installed Fiery GO, added 2x iGen5's to the app with ease.
    One iGen connected fine, I could view, preview and print files no problem. The other however would boot me out and disconnect only a few seconds later.
    Now a couple weeks later neither of them will stay connected for more then a few seconds. No software change has been done, rebooting servers or devices not helping and I've checked our wifi connection to ensure it is good.
    Is there any fix or way to troubleshoot this?

iGen5 FS200
    CWS 5.8
    Fiery Go v1.4 using Samsung Tab4 (Android v4.4.2)
    Last edited by iGen_chickadee; 03-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.

I'm asking the team for help to see if there are additional ways to troubleshoot here; I have not seen Fiery Go behave this way. If you had the opportunity to try this with an iOS device to see if the behavior was the same, we could narrow down the problem to whether it's a problem with the Android version of the Fiery Go app (if the iOS version is just fine) or if it's something with how the Fiery is handling the communication with Fiery Go.

-Mike

Default IOS Okay

So I've tested the app on an iPad, seems to be working without issue so far.

Looks like it's just the Android app is a flake!
    Last edited by iGen_chickadee; 03-25-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks for letting me know; that helps narrow this down. I'll pass this information back to the development team so they can get this figured out.

-Mike

Default iOS issue as well???

I run it on my iPhone so I can be notified of jams or machine stoppage while on the other side of the building. Fiery Go disconnects from my Ricoh 7110x when ever the phone turns off and doesn't send any push notifications (which I have turned on) is this normal? Or is it part of the disconnection issue?

Hi Troy,

Currently Fiery Go does not support Push Notifications. The connection to the server will also disconnect when your phone screen is turned off (it will reconnect automatically when you go back to the app).

Push notifications is something I am interested in for Fiery Go. Can you help me by describing how it would assist you and your business? Please also feel free to PM me for other suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Hi iGen_chickadee,

We are trying to troubleshoot this issue. Can you tell us the Agali version installed on the server?

Here are the steps to find out which version you have:

In a browser, user should type https:///live/version ( = IP of fiery server )
    Example:
    https://10.110.100.100/live/version

You should see something like this Screenshot
    {"AgaliVersion":"3.0.00.20","RubyVersion":"1.9.03.150c","RhythmVersion":"v3.0.03","installed":"2016-01-08T14:50:40-08:00"}

Thanks,
    Anthony

Default iGen5 info

{"AgaliVersion":"1.3.00.29","RubyVersion":"1.9.03.147b","RhythmVersion":"1.3.14"}

Thanks, iGen_chickadee.

We are investigating this issue and will get back to you with an update.

HI iGen_chickadee,

We looked into this issue and found that issue is with the EX-P5 1.1 software. There is a missing component that is necessary to run Fiery Go on Android.

The issue, however, is resolved in the 1.3 software. The recommendation would be to update from 1.1 to the 1.3 software.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,
    Anthony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast