+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iOS App works, Android doesn't

Question iOS App works, Android doesn't

Hi all!

So, I got the iOS version working but not the Android version.. My first pot hole was the Fiery server's firewall - disabled that and the iOS version worked like a charm! Then I tried the Android version and with the same configuration the answer: Connection failed - Fiery is unavailable". I disabled port filtering in the server settings but no connection.

What should I try next? I've tried it with 3 different phones, all Android 6.0. It seems like the Fiery Go doesn't even try to find the Fiery. I tried the same IP with a browser and it connected right away... What am I missing here?

The Fiery system is as follows:

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
    Fiery 10
    Command Workstation 5.7.0.56
    Firewall turned off completely..

Any ideas are more than welcome!

Thanks,

Both apps use the same mechanism to talk to the Fiery server, so if it's working for iOS I don't know why the Android version would not work for you. In both case you enter the IP address, and if the app finds a Fiery server with the right Fiery API software at that IP address, then the app makes a connection.

So unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but am at least just as puzzled as you are. I'll ask around and see if I can come up with any other ideas.

-Mike

Thanks Mike!

I was thinking the same - why doesn't it work on Android, baffles me..

Hi VVaisanen,

We are trying to troubleshoot this issue. Can you tell us the Agali version installed on the server?

Here are the steps to find out which version you have:

In a browser, user should type https:///live/version ( = IP of fiery server )
    Example:
    https://10.110.100.100/live/version

You should see something like this Screenshot
    {"AgaliVersion":"3.0.00.20","RubyVersion":"1.9.03.150c","RhythmVersion":"v3.0.03","installed":"2016-01-08T14:50:40-08:00"}

Thanks!
    Anthony

+ Reply to Thread