Thread: Is an automated soft proof export possible?

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Default Is an automated soft proof export possible?

I have a customer who would like to have every job dropped on the Fiery preflight and create a soft proof and export the report and soft proof either to a shared folder or sent as an email.

I see workflows that allow preflighting, but it is not clear if there is a way to have soft proofs created and exported.

Good morning kmbs-dcd,

with Fiery JobFlow Base, the free version of Fiery JobFlow, you are able to include a Fiery Preflight check in a workflow. By adding >rules< you can email the preflight report to a recipient and archive the PDF in a supported location (SMB/(s)FTP/Dropbox). If you want to have a real approval workflow I would recommend the Approval module that will pause a job and notify a reviewer with the preflight report and a soft proof. The reviewer can then approve or decline a job after which JobFlow will automatically continue or error the job. You will need the paid version of JobFlow for this though. If you want to give this a try email me at hans.sep[at]efi.com and I will set you up with a trial license.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

Using the approve module, you can build a workflow specifically for them to drop the project in, jobflow preflights it and sends the email to the 3rd party you've specified in your users as an external reviewer. They will receive the preflight report, be able to see the project and are given the option to approve or decline.

If it is approved then it automatically goes to the next step you've designated.

Note: must be a paid user, not job flow base.