Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Xerox versant 80 EX v1.2 all patches installed., Presets on server problem.

  1. #1
    labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    55

    Unhappy Xerox versant 80 EX v1.2 all patches installed., Presets on server problem.

    Hello

    I have a customer that creates presets in command workstation and then pic it up from the printdriver in windows 7.

    When customer use the preset to print a booklet from windows 7 32bit it works to pic up the preset that was created on the fiery server.

    When customer use the preset to print a booklet from windows 7 64bit then the printer prints the pages to the top exit tray in finisher without fold and staple it.

    Is there a fix for the 64bit driver that solve this problem ?

    Best regards Mattias

  2. #2
    adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    My first question is, how are you installing the driver?

    If you are simply connecting to the Fiery's IP address and connecting to the shared printer, that might be an issue.

    I would suggest that instead you install the print driver locally on the Win7 64 workstation and use straight lpr to the virtual printer name instead.

  3. #3
    labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    55

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    My first question is, how are you installing the driver?

    If you are simply connecting to the Fiery's IP address and connecting to the shared printer, that might be an issue.

    I would suggest that instead you install the print driver locally on the Win7 64 workstation and use straight lpr to the virtual printer name instead.
    Hello

    I installed the driver locally on the workstation with the driver i downloaded from efi.com. and i use lpr with queuename: print

    The strange thing is that it works on 32bit system but not 64bit

  4. #4
    labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Any news in this problem?

    Customer need to use this function.

    Best regards Mattias

  5. #5
    Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Hi,

    Can you check whether "two-way communication" is enabled in the driver

    Close all the documents which are opened

    Go to Printer Properties and click on "Installable options" and check "Two-Way communication" & "Update Fiery Driver when Opened" both are checked, click on "Update" and then click on Apply button.

    Then open the document and Print the job by selecting the preset.

    when you select the preset ,once Check in Job properties whether Preset settings are applied or not before printing the job.

    Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

  6. #6
    Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labanmatte View Post
    Hello

    I have a customer that creates presets in command workstation and then pic it up from the printdriver in windows 7.

    When customer use the preset to print a booklet from windows 7 32bit it works to pic up the preset that was created on the fiery server.

    When customer use the preset to print a booklet from windows 7 64bit then the printer prints the pages to the top exit tray in finisher without fold and staple it.

    Is there a fix for the 64bit driver that solve this problem ?

    Best regards Mattias
    Hi,

    Can you give more details on how the presets are created, is it through Workflow-> Job Presets?

    Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    59

    Default Xerox versant 80 EX v1.2 all patches installed., Presets on server problem.

    Thought I may throw in my two cents. What do you see when you open up the job sent from the 64bit driver in CWS. In the printed que, look in the finishing tab and make sure the staple command has made it to the rip. I often see where it has not. Even with the command sent from the driver, often it will be missing by the time it gets to the printer. My fix is to go into printer properties in the driver, advanced tab, and change the radio button to "print directly to the printer" this usually fixes it for me!

    Cheers,
    Shawn

  8. #8
    labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    55

    Thumbs up Solved!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitha View Post
    Hi,

    Can you check whether "two-way communication" is enabled in the driver

    Close all the documents which are opened

    Go to Printer Properties and click on "Installable options" and check "Two-Way communication" & "Update Fiery Driver when Opened" both are checked, click on "Update" and then click on Apply button.

    Then open the document and Print the job by selecting the preset.

    when you select the preset ,once Check in Job properties whether Preset settings are applied or not before printing the job.

    Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

    Hello

    Thanks for the "UPDATE" info, i did just click the "UPDATE" button and then everything works.

    Cant understand why it did work on 32bit system without clicking that button.

    Thanks again!

    Best Regards Mattias

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts