Thread: Cannot access Configure after modifying DNS: Service Temporarily unavailable.

Hybrid View

Default Cannot access Configure after modifying DNS: Service Temporarily unavailable.

Hi,

This problem has happened twice to me once in a Xerox Versant 80 EXi-80 and a second time in a Xerox C60 EXi-C60 (embedded controllers).

After setting initial network configuration, printer works fine. I enter Configure to set new DNS's. Reboot. Printing is still OK, but DNS info was not correct, so I need to enter into Configure again to change them. Now we have the error:
    "Service temporarily unavailable ... please try again later"

After this moment, Fiery server cannot be reconfigured because Configure is not accesible neither from CWS nor from Web Tools.
    Rebooting Fiery, powering off the system, waiting for some days.... has no effect.
    Printer and server continue to work fine, printing normally, everything works fine in Fiery server except Configure.

The only way to solve the problem is to reload system software into Fiery server, and configure from scratch (maybe restoring a backup would also do it).

Problem is the same in different models of EX-i (V80 v1.2 and C60 v?.?) so maybe is my fault, although changing an option (DNS's in this case) using fiery configure is pretty straight forward ;-)

Has anyone suffered from this before?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jose Luis Rodriguez
    Ofixer -Asturias (Spain)

Nobody?

Default Cannot access Configure after modifying DNS: Service Temporarily unavailable.

JL,

We are experiencing a similar problem with a C70 with an internal Fiery (V.1 - R7B). Were you able to fix your issue without having to reload the Fiery Software? We have been unable to open the configure tab from the Webtools, and the CWS cannot locate the Fiery box.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Daryl

Hello Jose Luis,

I cannot comment on the status of your Fiery. Normally you would always have access to the configuration menu. Maybe the Fiery has to be reloaded.

I would like to share my experience with the DNS settings.
    The IP / DNS settings are set in the Fiery in the Configuration menu. The Fiery will restart. The DNS settings are written to the machine by the Fiery.

Please click on the lower right-hand link to access the Xerox web browser (CentreWare).

Click on Settings and login with the user: admin and the password: 1111

Now you can check the DNS settings under Network - Protocol - TCP/IP.
    Please note that the TCP / IP settings cannot be changed (100.100.100.101 is correct).

I wish you success.
    Kind regards,
    Enrico

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico_K&D View Post
    Hello Jose Luis,

I cannot comment on the status of your Fiery. Normally you would always have access to the configuration menu. Maybe the Fiery has to be reloaded.
    Enrico,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Up to now I can only reinstall fiery software to get rid of the problem.

I will check if I can change Fiery DNS addreses accessing CWIS Press network menu, as you suggest. This would make fiery connect to Smart eSolutions server although it would not solve the problem of being unable to access Fiery Configure (unless it gets solved, as a side effect! )

I'll feedback when I'm able to travel to customer site (I won't do it remotely to prevent any other problems that may arise...)

Best regards,
    JL.

Quote Originally Posted by darylendicott View Post
    JL,

We are experiencing a similar problem with a C70 with an internal Fiery (V.1 - R7B). Were you able to fix your issue without having to reload the Fiery Software? We have been unable to open the configure tab from the Webtools, and the CWS cannot locate the Fiery box.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Daryl
    Hi Daryl,

I'm afraid I can't help a lot yet.

Problem that happened in the first machine (V80) could only be solved by reinstalling EXi fiery server.

Problem with the C60 is still not solved because I have not been able to travel to customer site yet. One thing I could positively check with customer is that access to configure is also impossible from the press UI, using Fiery button at press interface and trying to enter Configuration.

But, from what I've read of your problem, you have a different one because CWS cannot find fiery box as you say.
    In my case (both of them) Fiery box is 100% operational and you can print and use CWS to manage jobs, edit pantone, etc. The only functionality unavailable is Configure.

Hope we find soon the root cause of this problem (if any) and the solution.

Best regards,
    JL.