+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xerox Versant 80 EX80 will no longer start the Fiery bar on the windows top screen

Post Xerox Versant 80 EX80 will no longer start the Fiery bar on the windows top screen

Our EX80 Fiery (External Fiery Controller) will no longer starts the Fiery Status Bar on the upper Windows screen. Printing is possible without errors.

We had the error 4 weeks ago and reload the Fiery Server, installed all Windows und Fiery Patch and all works fine.

I have already rebooted the Fiery and machine, but the bar doesn´t start.
    Do you know the error? Can this have come from the automatic CWS update (5.8.0.39)?

Kind regards,
    Enrico

Name:  fiery_bar_2.jpg
Views: 3441
Size:  68.8 KB
    Attached Images

K.scottcanada is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor K.scottcanada is on a distinguished path

I had the same issue after a software reload the bar came on but I got a "Video Board not installed" I'm lucky enough to have a bustled EXi80 so I swapped the VB to it and it works.

I'm currently reinstalling SW on the EX80 to see it gives me the same issue, and if it does I have a bad Mother Board unfortunately.

Question any news here?

Could a moderator accept this case?
    I wonder that no one has responded to this thread, but in the EFI TechTicker this forum is recommended for all questions.

Hello Enrico_K&D,

Please first check in Windows system tray that the Fiery ticker is effectively running, and access its settings. Make sure it's not hidden by default.

If it's not the case, and your Fiery is fully patched, please install the Windows updates, because the Fiery may need a newer .NET framework installed. Run Windows Updates. If any .NET updates are available, go ahead and install them.

Hope this helps,

l-

Post [solved]

Hello Laurent_H,

the fiery status bar is back.
    We have the Windows updates KB3102429, KB3150513, KB2592687, KB2952664, KB2830477 and KB3102433 installed.
    After reboot, the bar came back.

Many thanks for your help.

kind regards,
    Enrico

+ Reply to Thread