Thread: Tab Issue...Top of Text is Cut Off

Default Tab Issue...Top of Text is Cut Off

I have a Canon iRAC9200 series machine with a GX400 server. Everything is latest...firmware, patches, CWS etc.
    Customer has two lines of text for the tabs. Font size is as small as we can get it and still see it adequately. The top of the text is slightly missing. The second line is half blocked by the pages of the job. Craziness.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was able to get the cutting off of the top of the text by adjusting the blanking of the machine. But, I still cannot get the text to move farther out on the tab.

Anyone run across this? Is there a way to move the position of the text? I can move the text horizontally on the tab but not vertically.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Ah, the Fiery "our tab text block position is bad and can't be changed" bugaboo.

EFI really, REALLY needs to fix that. I need to be able to adjust EVERYTHING about the tab.

Your alternative is simply not to use EFI's tab wizard/Compose/Jobmaster tools to create the type on the tab. The solution is to create your own tabs using Word or InDesign--there are plenty of templates out there. Then bring those into the document, then use mixed media or Compose or Jobmaster to convert those to tab stock.

If only Jobmaster had the ability to choose document pages by size, this would be INCREDIBLY easy. Hint hint.

Thanks Adam.

I will have the customer do this.

Appreciate it.

Default Top text on 2-line tab getting Cut Off

Quote Originally Posted by Redmow View Post
    I was able to get the cutting off of the top of the text by adjusting the blanking of the machine. But, I still cannot get the text to move farther out on the tab.

Anyone run across this? Is there a way to move the position of the text? I can move the text horizontally on the tab but not vertically.
    What do you mean by "adjusting the BLANKING of the machine." I ask, because I'm having an issue on a Canon imagePRESS C800 cutting off the top 2-line text. AND I'm also having the same issue on a Ricoh Pro C5100, but using Job Master. Anything input would help!

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

That would be an engine-based adjustment to narrow the unimageable area around the edge(s) of a sheet.