Thread: CWS Configure > System Updates not working?

Default CWS Configure > System Updates not working?

Hello - I'm running a Fiery System 8e Release 2. It looks like I need 9e in order to enable support for the Fiery API. In CWS 5 > Configure App, I have enabled 'System Updates' However, nothing appears to be happening after the check time has passed. How do I know that the system has checked for updates? Is that the correct way to upgrade to System 9e?

Thank you!

Going from a system 8 to a system 9 is not a simple update. In many cases, the newer system can require a new piece of hardware or in some special cases there might be a fee based upgrade created.

Each of these systems are built on a unique and different code base and you can not apply a simple patch to upgrade. This would be something along the lines of trying to run a patch to upgrade your computer from Windows 98 to Windows 10.

You should contact our local sales company to see if there was an upgrade path for your Fiery and if so was there a cost.

Kind Regards
    Randy

Thanks Randy. I was thinking that might be the case, but wasn't sure. So, updates are being checked, but I likely have all the updates I'm going to get.

I have:
    Fiery E10 50-45C-KM PS Color Server1.1

and am running:
    8e Release 2

I'm assuming this is the most up-to-date version for this hardware? And there is no way to get the Fiery API to run on a System 8e?

Thank you!