Thread: Sequential numbering on 3 Part NCR

Default Sequential numbering on 3 Part NCR

Afternoon all,

Does anybody know how to add sequential numbering to a 3 Part NCR job.
    The three pages (white/yellow/pink) would be a set needing the same number followed by the next number sequentially on the next set of NCR.

I was told this can be done but from searches I have done out here it looks as if other software is needed/required other than Command Workstation and using VDP.

Apologies - equipment we are using is Canon ImagePress 1110 and an ImagePress Server k100.

As far as I know this cannot be done directly through VDP but I have done this in the past using Publisher (yes Publisher - I know, but it does mail merge well) and an Excel file. I had my IT guy write an Excel program that asked for Qty, starting #, #up on sheet and # of parts then it would make a print ready numbers sheet.

1. Save your form as a master sheet in the VDP.
    2. Set up the Publisher file with just the numbers mail merged in position.
    3. Print the PUB file using VDP with the master sheet you created.
    Xerox Versant 2100
    Fiery FS100 Pro
    Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.3.0.199
    Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.3.0.34

SeanRyder is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor SeanRyder is on a distinguished path

I use software called numbering star. Great for carbonless, raffle tickets etc.... PDF based and easy.

Default NCR creation with Fiery JobMaster

There is a product called Fiery JobMaster that offers complex makeready capabilities including NCR form creation for Fiery users. See video below.

Fiery JobMaster is an option for external Fiery servers. So unfortunately ImagePress Server k100 is not supported.

But in case you have an external Fiery, check out the video below. There is a 30-day software trial available on the website.

NCR form creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTK7ty_Yt8
    Product info on Fiery JobMaster: http://www.efi.com/products/fiery-se...ster/overview/

Ling

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Ling, the Konica Minolta bustled controllers for production gear (not office equipment) also support Jobmaster.

Thanks for the correction Adam!

Yes, a couple of embedded controllers are also on the supported list. Please go to Supported Printers tab on http://www.efi.com/products/fiery-se...ster/overview/ for the complete list.