+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BC orientation from pace to Fiery

Default BC orientation from pace to Fiery

I am fairly new to Pace but am a VERY experienced Fiery user.

I am getting orientation issues when trying to send a JDF imposed job to our Fiery from Pace.

The job is a portrait business card (2"x3.5")

The layout looks correct in Pace but when previewed on the Fiery the heads are facing the wrong direction.

I have tried changing the portrait/landscape settings in Pace and the grain settings too, thinking that may have something to do with it, but to no avail. No matter what setting I've changed so far I still get the 12x18 press sheet at the fiery coming out portrait and the card laid out the same way even though I need the card side ways on the sheet to maximize N-out.

If I go into Impose with the job at the Fiery I can correct it by clicking Landscape for the press sheet, but we are trying to create a "lights out" workflow for this job originating from DSF.

Thanks in advance.

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi there,

Please let us look into this.
    Could you please provide a version number of Fiery JDF you have on your Fiery as well as you Fiery model and the printer you have?

You can check you Fiery JDF version by:

Command WorkStation -> Device Center -> Configure -> Server -> JDF and the version number shows up on the top left corner of the window.

Thank you,
    Yusuke

Yusuke,

We are running JDF v1.5.0.25 on a EX150 for Xerox iGen150.

Thanks

Ed

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi there,

We are very sorry that we didn't get back to you sooner.
    This is a known issue and need to be resolved.
    We are not prioritizing to fix this.

We'll let you know the progress.

thank you,
    Yusuke

+ Reply to Thread