Thread: Standard settings for Profiling and Validation

Default Standard settings for Profiling and Validation

I sure hope I can get an answer to help me sleep...

I have come into a new position in a new (to me) company where I am to be the color manager of KM 8000s and KM 1100s and KM 1060Ls...11 machines in all. The outgoing person cleared the computer drives and all documentations.
    As I look through the archived files that relate to the profiling and such I am seeing differences in the Color and Image settings for the documents on the Command Workstation 100s/150s.

When it comes to the Profile ( DTFv5 CC ) and the Validation (GRACoL2013_CRPC6) files, what are the Fiery control settings for each image file?
    In this I mean to ask,

Color
    Adobe Print engine on/off?
    Composite OP on/off?
    Black Detection on/off
    Optimize RGB Transparency on/off?
    CMYK/Grayscale Bypass Conversion or something else?
    RGB/LAB Fiery RGB or Some other?
    Relative Colormetric or something else?
    Spot Color Matching on/off?
    Gray and Black RGB off? CMYK Off?
    Embedded Profiles?

Image Smoothing?
    Image Quality Best?
    Resolution 1200 dpi?
    Edge Enhancement
    Text Thinning?
    Text Smoothing?
    Apply enhancements?

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Default Fiery Color Flowchart 2016

Although th systems you have may have different base Fiery system versions, the differences between them for color management is relatively small. A good overview of the options and settings and what each does is located here.

If you have the disks that shipped with the Fiery's there is a user disk that will contain PDF user manuals, one of those being on color management. That manual will have explanations for what each of the settings does.

You may also find some helpful How To Guides at http://www.efi.com/resources/fiery-h...ides-and-docs/.

Cool Thank yous

I appreciate the info and have found the answers I was needing. If anybody else want to know what the answers are I will be happy to share.