+ Reply to Thread

Thread: colorcal on bizhub c352

Default colorcal on bizhub c352

i dont know how to calibrate my machine... i dont have the "gray scale" patterns, the machine came out without them... any ideas to calibrate just with colorcal calibration patterns?

You will need a Tiffen Q-13 EK1527654T

You can purchase one from:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ion_Guide.html

Default help me pls

i´ve purchased the tiffen q13 cards... but when i perform the calibration nothing happens, "can not detect measurement page" or something like that.... what is wrong?

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

Try again with the page in the upper left corner of the platen:
    a) Short side of the measurement page along the X axis
    b) Short side of the measurement page along the Y axis

Also, double check that the grayscale is centered in relation to the width of the media.
    Also, ensure the black and red targets surrounding the Colorcal patches are not obstructed.

Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  39.0 KB
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging

i´ve tried in that way but nothing happens, im still getting the "not found measurement page"... your picture contains a column gradient CMYK pattern, and my colorcal page have a "grid" of small color squares.. what´s wrong?
    thank you!
    Attached Images      

Your pictures indicate that you tried suggestion "b" from ColorQA_Victor.

Did you try "a"?
    From my recollection, that is proper way to orient the target on this (very old) Fiery.

If that does not work, you may want to have your copier tech check adjustment of scan platen.
    I have heard of cases where if copier scanning is out of adjustment, Fiery Colorcal fails.

hello scott, yes, i have tried the "A" suggestion and nothing happens.
    unafortunately 300km around there´s not a konica technician available, the fiery menu have the option "remove calibration", what will occour if i remove the calibration? the machine print good, but only gray colors are printed like dark blue.. myabe if i remove the calibration can solve this issue?
    thank you

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

blaxito,

There is nothing wrong with your printed patch layout. The image I shared with you in the example was the only image I had available at the time of my reply. It is a test version I use to test Colorcal with.

Unfortunately, I don't work on KM products. I suggested testing with changing the direction of the patch page based on my own testing experiences.

It is a real challenge for me to understand what is happening without being in front of the printer/server. I know this doesn't help at all, but I assure you that we ensure Colorcal is functional in the version software customers receive.

Is your server fully update-to-date with the latest system software and available patches?

By selecting Remove Calibration, you will set the select Calibration Set to go back to the factory installed calibration. If your printer's response is similar to the response of the printer's we used for development, then it might put you in a better place with color. If the printer response are very different, then you could see undesirable results. If you attempt to remove calibration, I'd suggest saving a copy of the current calibration. Check you product documentation for further details.

I'm sorry you are having this experience with your Fiery product. If I can think of other ways to debug your situation, I'll respond back.

Oh, does your product support Fiery Remote Scan? If so, you maybe available to test if scanning is functional. If there is something wrong with scan or the scan path, that could be why you cannot get Colorcal to calibrate your server.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging

+ Reply to Thread