Thread: CWS will not startup after Mac crash

Default CWS will not startup after Mac crash

Hi,
    I have been using CWS for a long time, all of a sudden after a mac crash, the CWS will not startup.
    I have uninstalled all CWS and re-installed and no matter what I do it will not start up.
    I do not even get a splash screen. The app bounces in the doc like it's opening, and then closes immediately.
    HELP!
    Running CWS 5.8
    I have an iMac Retina 5K, 3.2 GHz, 16GB
    Running OSX 10.11.6
    Any insight out there?
    ~ariana

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Did you uninstall CWS by dragging it to the trash or using the Fiery Software Uninstaller?

When I have experienced problems like you describe I have found it most successful to use the uninstaller and remove all the applications, printers and drivers and reinstall everything from scratch.

Yes I agree remove everything using the Fiery Software Uninstaller first, then re-install.

If that does not work, remove everything using Fiery Software Uninstaller, and then remove the Command Workstation preferences file.

Go to: /Users/username/Library/Preferences and locate the ”Fiery Command WorkStation Preferences” file. Delete it.
    That’s it.
    Note: By default your Library folder may be hidden by the OS. To unhide it – Type the following command into Terminal without quotation marks “chflags nohidden ~/Library”
    Hit enter. Then quit Terminal, and open a new finder window to reveal the library folder.