Thread: Additional first page printed

Default Additional first page printed

Is there a way to have one extra copy of the first page of a job printed? Same function needed if printing several copies of a job.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

There are a couple of ways manually to achieve this, by hand editing each job. But as an automated function, no.

Can I ask why?

Greta,

We have a order management system which produces a small label for each order. Most of our jobs are stacked on a single sheet. We affix the label on one card which follows the product through our finishing and packaging line. Depending on how many cards there are per sheet we sometimes need to print one additional sheet to have an extra card to put the label on. This is very handy and makes it easy to identify a customers order.

For calendars we only want to print an extra copy of the first sheet, not 12 sheets. A function like "proof print" which only prints the first sheet of a job would be perfect.

Vidar
    Attached Images  

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

This sounds like a job for your order management system. Certainly it can create an additional page 1 as part of the job, right?

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    This sounds like a job for your order management system. Certainly it can create an additional page 1 as part of the job, right?
    Unfortunately not possible. The label is produced from a custom script in our webshop.

Vidar

Hi Vidar,

Thanks for the explanation. How about a cover page?
    This will print the job name, and some details on a blank sheet on top of the job.

I'm not sure which Fiery model you have so I can't be sure if your Fiery server has this feature at a job level.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Hi Vidar,

Thanks for the explanation. How about a cover page?
    This will print the job name, and some details on a blank sheet on top of the job.

I'm not sure which Fiery model you have so I can't be sure if your Fiery server has this feature at a job level.

G.
    Thanks Greta,

We have a Fiery B5000 with FS 200 Pro.

Vidar

Under Job Properties - Finishing tab, you shoud have an option to select 'Cover Page', and whether to use the same media as the job, or a different media.

Many people use a different media with a different color or size to be able to determine each job visually in the output tray.