+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Driver settings on Windows 10

Default Fiery Driver settings on Windows 10

Fiery Driver is encountering one of the issues that Windows 10 Anniversary Update users have been reporting; the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is resetting all Windows settings.

As this is a Microsoft issue, EFI has logged an incident report with Microsoft regarding the resetting of the driver settings.

We will provide an update once we receive a resolution from Microsoft. We are also looking into a potential workaround.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Update 11/7
    Microsoft has posted a workaround - (Thank you to towler100 for pointing that out)

"Printing preferences from the print server don't synchronize in Windows 10 version 1607"
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3201130

We have confirmed that the workaround will work with Fiery Drivers.
    Last edited by Anthony.L; 11-07-2016 at 04:18 PM.

I do not think this is just a Microsoft issue. I tried to replicate the problem with a non-Fiery driver and was unable to do so. Typically I set all my settings in the server under printer properties > Advanced tab>Printing Defaults.... I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. For instance, I set my Canon copier to not duplex and to print just in grayscale under the Fiery driver. When I install this printer on a Windows 7 ,or Windows 10 machine, the settings I put in the Printing defaults are propagated to the local driver. However, when I install it on a Windows 10 Anniversary edition computer, it reverts to the printing defaults that were present when I first installed the driver on the server. I tried the same on an HP printer that is not using a Fiery driver and I was able to propagate the printing default settings on all stations, including Windows 10 Anniversary edition. I know it is a Microsoft issue, but the fact that it only effects my Fiery drivers makes me think it is also a Fiery issue as well.

Please help.

If the issue is not seen on a non-Fiery driver, it could be that the driver is not using the Microsoft Postscript core driver. There are printer drivers out there that do not use the MS PS core driver.

Based on our tests, the MS PS core driver (the core driver which Fiery uses) shows the exact same behavior on Windows 10 anniversary update.

We are awaiting an update from Microsoft and we are also looking into a potential workaround.

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Default Workaround didnt work for me.

Hello

Today i tried this workaround https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3201130 from microsoft with Efi driver for xerox C70 exi e300 version 2.0, but it didnt work for me, is there any different with Efi drivers?

Best regards Mattias

Hi Mattias,

Can you send me an email anthony.leung@efi.com?

I would like to look into your issue and it'll be easier to communicate via email.

Thanks,
    Anthony

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Smile Problem solved

Hello

Microsoft has released updates to fix this problem, hope it helps for all of you.

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....aspx?q=3216755

Best regards
    Mattias

+ Reply to Thread