Thread: Face Up/Down Normal/Rev confused

Hybrid View

Default Face Up/Down Normal/Rev confused

Okay, I am still having issues with numbers not coming off the canon in a 1-n sequence. One thing I do not get is why is face up normal giving me the expected number sequence and face is up, but the face down reverse is giving me the expected number sequence but the face side is still up? This doesn't make sense to me. When I do a reverse of either up or down the face side flips.

Can anyone explain this?

Okay, so I called the help desk and if they are understanding my issue correctly they said it is a problem with my version of WS. So, they are having a tech come in to do a patch and we'll see if that fixes it.

Honestly, if it is just a matter of updating, I can do it, but they said it has to be the tech so if it doesn't work they can escalate the problem. I will try remember to post the resolution.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

what type of file are you using? On some of my printers the sequence is locked in a zip file but a PDF can be managed. Are you using a Variable data software outside of CWS or using the VDP function of CWS? Please give full server/printer/CWS version specs.

Dan

We use an A2300 Fiery server for a Canon C7011VP for variable data printing. The files are sent as PDF's. I am never sure where the RIP takes place. The files are dynamically printed out of InDesign using XMPIE's PDF/VT format and sent through the hot folders into the CW queue where they are processed. Ummm, where is the RIP happening. I always assumed it was through XMPIE, because I get a PDF, but then that isn't a raster file (right?) So, the RIP must be happing at CW in the process queue.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Begin by understanding that Command Workstation isn't a RIP. CWS is a viewer, a window into what's happening inside the Fiery RIP.

The Fiery RIP is actually invisible to you, and does not require CWS to operate. You can have a Fiery RIP without any sort of keyboard/mouse/monitor attached, and it will work just fine.

You can also have as many instances of CWS on your network as you like. Install it wherever you want. It's just a viewing utility, letting you see and control what happens inside the RIP.

Well, I lied--CWS also houses some prepress/utility functions, such as previewing files, imposing jobs with Impose, and doing makeready work via Jobmaster or Compose. But all of that happens on the files long before they get processed by the Fiery RIP.

Thank you Adam. That helps.

I;ve been out of this game for so long and just recently returned. Ripping has always confused me. Do you or anyone know any links that gives the whole digital process? I have been looking and haven't found what I really want.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help.