Thread: Connection Error with Fiery Software Manager

Default Connection Error with Fiery Software Manager

Hi all,

In my office environment I am forced to use a proxy-script to get access to the outside world. I am getting connection errors when trying to run the Fiery Software Manager. See screenshot

Name:  ConnectionError.jpg
Views: 9055
Size:  35.0 KB

Whenever I am not in my office environment, the connection works fine, so I am suspicious about the proxy settings.

Anybody else struggling with this, and ideally, you have a workaround?

Many thanks,
    Richard.

Hi Richard,

The latest release on the web should support environments where proxy servers are required for internet connections.

Here are two of the bullet points from the release notes:

ē Fiery Software Manager now supports the download and installation of Fiery Extended Applications Package in environments where proxy servers are required for Internet connectivity.

ē If FEA 4.1 was installed on a computer behind a firewall, you must exit the old version of Fiery Software Manager before you download and install this package. Installing the updated package installs a new version of Fiery Software Manager and replaces the previous version.

Unfortunately we don't run a proxy server here so I am unable to test if this really works.

I'll discuss internally with engineering to see which specific ports need to be open in order for FSM to run properly and get back to you.

Kind regards,
    Rune

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

For me, downloading the latest FSM did the trick...

1.0.0.08 has some known bugs.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

1. Exit running FSM from the system tray (version 1.0.0.6). Right mouse click on the FSM icon from the tray and select the exit option.
    2. Download from the web the new FSM 1.0.0.8 (which run with proxy properly) and run it.
    3. After download, install the new package and restart the system the new FSM 1.0.0.8 will lunch on startup.
    The new FSM will be able to connect to the EFI web and it will show that no updates are available.
    4. You can discard the FSM 1.0.0.08 you download initially and trash it.

Default Already running 1.0.0.08

Hi both,

Thanks for your replies.
    Perhaps I am misinterpreting your information, but I am already running FSM version 1.0.0.08 (as you can see in my screenshot), but I still suffer connection errors.

Order of events:
    - Picked up Download manager from EFI website while being outside office environment. Successful installation of CWS and other Fiery Apps (Hot folders etc) Most likely I picked up FSM 1.0.0.06 at that time.
    - Returned to office and ran CWS. FSM showed a connection error every time I launched CWS
    - Successfully ran FSM outside office environment again and upgraded the latest version of the Fiery Extended Apps, including FSM 1.0.0.08
    - Returned to office and ran CWS. FSM shows a connection error every time I launch CWS

Are you still suggesting to start from scratch with the knowledge of already having the latest version running? I have the same behaviour in both Windows (7 enterprise) and Mac (10.7) operating systems.

Kind regards,
    Richard.

Hi,

Nevertheless I have tried what you suggested, and TADAAAAA .... it didn't work ...

If I need to log some stuff for engineering to have a look at, let me know, I can arrange this.

Kind regards,
    Richard.

OK, thanks for trying. We're looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Cheers,
    Rune

Default Antivirus

Hi,

I donít see any update since 2013, so maybe itís covered elsewhere, but I find nothing.

Iím having a similar issue with Fiery Software Manager and Fiery Driver Updater. Both are denied internet access and give connexion errors.

However, when I deactivate my antivirus (Kaspersky), both work without any problem.

We have communicated with Kaspersky and tried to add my computer and all we could find of Fiery and EFI to the policies, but to no avail.

Which port do FSM and FDU use? How should we configure Kaspersky to let the use the Internet?

Thanks,

Pierre aka AstronomieQuebec