+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cannot load/install Acrobat Pro or Enfocus PitStop Edit DVD on macOS Sierra

Question Cannot load/install Acrobat Pro or Enfocus PitStop Edit DVD on macOS Sierra

I'm trying to excute the DVD with Adobe Acrobat XI Professional Installer & Enfocus PitStop Edit 12 Installer for MAC. I load the DVD and when I open it, the PDF Support Application icon displays with a line across it and once I double click on it I get the message: You can't use this version of the application "PDF Support Application" with this version of macOS.

Your thoughts?

macOS Sierra v. 10.12 on MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)
    Attached Images    

You probably need to upgrade to V13?

Thank you for your reply! I'll have to give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mtirado View Post
    Thank you for your reply! I'll have to give that a shot.
    How did you resolve this issue?

I have just added Impose to my Sharp MX-6500 with Fiery today and come across the same issue - I cannot install the included version on my Mac OS Sierra machines.

Is there somewhere we can download an up to date version of the software?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubius View Post
    How did you resolve this issue?

I have just added Impose to my Sharp MX-6500 with Fiery today and come across the same issue - I cannot install the included version on my Mac OS Sierra machines.

Is there somewhere we can download an up to date version of the software?
    Unfortunately you have to pay a hefty price for the new version. Someone said they had a workaround. When I get it, I'll be sure to post it on this reply, if it works.

Default Cannot load/install Acrobat Pro or Enfocus PitStop Edit DVD on macOS Sierra

Any updates or workarounds on this issue??

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery.1 View Post
    Any updates or workarounds on this issue??
    Somebody told me to uninstall the Acrobat Pro version I had from my subscription I have from Adobe and install the version from the DVD, which is ver. XI, but that didn't work either. I also installed the ver. XI from the Adobe website and THEN popping in the DVD to install PitStop, but that didn't work either. I'm stuck!

Default same here . . .

the only chance was in my case - reinstall El-Capitan - Install Support DVD - upgrade to sierra - now it work´s

kind regards

Ingolf

Thumbs up

Interesting Ingolf. I didn't think of that, but I can see how that would work. I found another fix, but I prefer yours' because it allows you to have the latest and greatest. Mine was installing Adobe Acrobat 9.1 Professional and Enfocus PitStop Edit 9 and it worked with Sierra. Just for starters, the Finder displays everything as accessible (as you can see in the screenshot).

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.00.49 PM.jpg
Views: 6970
Size:  30.8 KB

The point is that it works, but Ingolf's solution allows you to retain the latest version of PitStop. I still have the latest version of Acrobat Pro, but for my old version of PitStop to work I also have to have an old version of Acrobat.

Default When can we expect an official fix to this issue?

All good and well, but I don't really want to go through all that hassle! There must be a better way to solve this.
    Am I wrong?

regards Heinz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast