+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cannot load/install Acrobat Pro or Enfocus PitStop Edit DVD on macOS Sierra

A patch that will allow the installation of the current PDF Support Applications DVD with Adobe Acrobat XI Professional and Enfocus PitStop Edit 12 has been posted on the EFI Download Center at http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...ownload-center. In the Download Center, choose the Application Software and Tools tab and select Adobe Acrobat & Enfocus Pitstop. in the Select Software column. Choose AdobeAcrobat 11/PitStop 12 macOS 10.12 in the Select version column and click Find and you will can download the patch. There is a link to Release Notes with installation instructions in the Comment section.

Default Fix Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    A patch that will allow the installation of the current PDF Support Applications DVD with Adobe Acrobat XI Professional and Enfocus PitStop Edit 12 has been posted on the EFI Download Center at http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...ownload-center. In the Download Center, choose the Application Software and Tools tab and select Adobe Acrobat & Enfocus Pitstop. in the Select Software column. Choose AdobeAcrobat 11/PitStop 12 macOS 10.12 in the Select version column and click Find and you will can download the patch. There is a link to Release Notes with installation instructions in the Comment section.
    I have attempted this fix, but I still am left with the install page that says "Package Missing". I have cd mounted and ran command file, but still can't install. Please advise.

Default Fix Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    I have attempted this fix, but I still am left with the install page that says "Package Missing". I have cd mounted and ran command file, but still can't install. Please advise.

Lightbulb It's not that cut and dry

@pacerjon I had the same result as you. It's late and I forgot all the steps that I did because I went all over the place to get this to work, but it does work...

As a disclosure, I'm also running the latest Acrobat DC Pro, but this version of PitStop does not run on it....

1. Although it says the "Package is missing" I still click on the efi check box and click install and it says that the installation is complete... BUT IT'S NOT.

2. I did a Spotlight Search (Command + Spacebar) and searched for Pitstop and in one of those searches looking through Finder I bumped in to the installation package for Adobe Acrobrat XI Pro... I executed that and got stuck with the choice of installing a trial version or inserting a serial number (which I do not have) so I chose trial version. After that is complete you now have Acrobat XI Pro installed.

3. Make sure Acrobat XI Pro is closed and then search for AcrobatXI_PitStop12 which contains a folder Pitstop that contains a package called PitStop Edit EFI 12 update 1.pkg. Execute that and there will be a step where you have to choose an Acrobat installation. Since I also had the latest Acrobat I had to click the drop down and make sure to choose Acrobat 11.0.something (I'm going off memory here) and then continue with the installation until complete.

4. After that I opened Acrobat XI Pro and THERE IT WAS! I ran an update that took it to version 11.0.19. And to address the fact that I installed a trial version... I looked under the Acrobat & Help menu and I can't find an option to purchase a license so for the moment I'm assuming I'm good!

VERY VERY COMPLICATED unless efi can comment on my notes and point to me where I went wrong. But as @pacerjon I too followed the steps... waited for it to complete copying files after executing the "command" file and I got the same results... nothing... until I spend hours coming up with this workaround.

Default Same issue

Did this get sorted for anyone I have the same issue with no package showing

Default The solution is on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by suds32 View Post
    Refer to comment #11 with the link and if you have issues carrying out the fix then refer to my comment #14.

Default The solution is on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by suds32 View Post
    Refer to comment #11 with the link and if you have issues carrying out the fix then refer to my comment #14.

Thanks but as above the patch does not work, will try the other option to see what happens.

thanks

Default Patch Does not work

Thanks but the patch does not work, will try installing manually and hopefully it does not install as a trial

Default fail

Unfortunately #14 ends installing a trial version of acrobat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast