Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Printing Defaults set on server not propagating to Windows 10 workstations on network

Hybrid View

Default Printing Defaults set on server not propagating to Windows 10 workstations on network

I have pinpointed this problem to the driver downloaded from your site. I have a Canon ImageRunners C5560i with an imagePass-P1 Fiery box. I downloaded the appropriate driver from your site and installed it on our print server (Windows Server 2012r2). What I typically do (and have been doing for years) is I create two printers pointing to the same IP. One is set with the default settings and the other is set with the color mode set to grayscale, so that when users throughout the network install the copiers, they install two separate printers that point to the same copier, but one prints in color and the other prints in black & white to avoid from them having to go into the print properties when printing. I typically do this by going into the printers properties on the server and clicking on the "Advanced tab" and then clicking on the "Printing Defaults" button and set the standards I want. This was working quite well within all of the Windows 7 machines for years, and it was working up until recently with our Windows 10 machines. What we have noticed, however, after some recent stations updating to Windows 10 anniversary edition, the defaults that come down from the server are the original settings that were set when the drivers were first installed. If I change the default settings on the server, the ones on the Windows 10 stations remain the same, but the settings on the Windows 7 station change to whatever is set on the server. I did pinpoint it to be a Fiery issue because I did the same on a non-Fiery HP printer (where I set it to print only black and white) and this time, these settings propagated to the individual workstations throughout the network Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 10 anniversary edition). Am I missing something? I have not been able to fix this except for going to each individual computer and setting the preferences to what I want, but I have never had to do this before. I know for sure that this is only a Windows 10 anniversary edition issue since I still get the settings correct on Windows 10 stations that haven't been upgraded. Any help to this situation will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jorgeseptien; 10-05-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Hi jorgeseptien,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Our teams have been notified of the issue. I will update you here when we have an update or if we need more information.

-Anthony

I also have a customer with the same OS issues, only it's with a IC-415/KM C1060. Any update on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Default Having the same problem

I could really use an update regarding this issue.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I don't think the Issue you describe is unique to EFI - it has also been reported on other Print Manufacturer Support sites, the root cause seems to sit with a change in OS code with Windows 10 Anniversary - I know a ticket has been raised with MS for this from the Company I work for.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeseptien View Post
    This was working quite well within all of the Windows 7 machines for years, and it was working up until recently with our Windows 10 machines. What we have noticed, however, after some recent stations updating to Windows 10 anniversary edition, the defaults that come down from the server are the original settings that were set when the drivers were first installed....Am I missing something?...I know for sure that this is only a Windows 10 anniversary edition issue since I still get the settings correct on Windows 10 stations that haven't been upgraded.
    You've summed it up for yourself quite well. I don't know why you say you've "pinpointed it to a driver from (this) site", when you yourself say that you've pinpointed it to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update. Because that's the only thing that's changed between "it worked before" and "it doesn't work now".

This is clearly something you need to take up with and follow through with Microsoft.

It looks like MS is now playing the same kind of game that Apple has played for years with respect to OS updates (not upgrades, upDATES) completely bonking print drivers. It is impossible for EFI to be ahead of this stuff. All they can do is react after the fact, after they know what's going on--and that can take awhile fully to implement.

maharris, you mention you have an IC-415.

1.) What system software version are you running on it?
    (Connect to it with CWS5, go to Device Center tab/General tab/General Info. At top left of that window you should see Fiery's name and something in parenthesis - what is it?)

2.) Did you download the latest Windows print driver for v2.1 from EFI.com driver download page?

3.) Does issue with Win10 Anniversary update happen with this newest driver?

4.) Can you provide details as to what problems you are observing?

Fiery system software version is 2.1

driver version 5.0.010.0

The issue does only seem to be with Win 10 anniversary. Not many defaults are set on the server (2012 R2), they chage the paper catalog to a Hammermill one set on the copier main body that also changes the paper weight setting. These settings are set in printing defaults on the server print queue. On the Win 10 Anni. workstations settings are correct when first added to the workstation. It seems that settings revert to factory defaults after windows updates are applied and workstations are rebooted. Customer also told me it has happened multiple times in one day to the same workstation.

It's been ten days, is there any other information regarding this issue?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

What does Microsoft say?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast