+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Paper Catalog and custom stocks

Default Fiery Paper Catalog and custom stocks

Using Fiery CWS software 5.8.0.39, I can add and delete “custom” stocks I create using the Fiery Paper Catalog.

However, when I create a “custom” stock using the administration tools on the Versant 80 GUI, the stock appears in the Fiery Paper Catalog, but there's a small “padlock” icon next to the stock name. I need to delete this “padlocked” custom stock from the Paper Catalog but don’t know how to do it.

When I select this "padlocked" stock in the Paper Catalog the delete icon is grayed out. I've tried right clicking on the stock but “Delete” is not listed as an option.

I’ve deleted the "padlock" stock from the Versant engine using adm tools and verified it’s no longer an available paper selection, yet it still shows up in Fiery's Paper Catalog. I even tried powering off the Fiery and the Versant, then restarting them both again but the stock still shows up in the Paper Catalog.

Creating “custom” stocks on the Versant 80 GUI offers us some unique options e.g. front-to-back registration; tray air-assist adjustment settings; fine tuning engine transfer rollers to eliminate mottle & color shift on heavy weight stocks; etc,… so we plan to continue using it.

We have a Xerox Versant 80 running Fiery EX80 Print Server US, Version 1.2
    Any suggestions of how to delete this "padlocked" custom stock would be most appreciated

Thanks
    Attached Images  

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Your first stop would be a call to Xerox's support center. Either they know (or should know) the answer and will assist you, or if they think something's wrong they will escalate it through proper channels.

If this is improper behavior that needs fixed, only Xerox can initiate the change to proper behavior.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Just a thought and something to check:

Install a CWS on another computer and see if the padlock shows up with it. If so then the problem is with the server/printer, if not then its the CWS not reading the update with your printer. It might be a 5.8 issue that hasn't been discovered too. I'm only guessing here though.

Dan

ps Moderators could use your Printer info so they can try to replicate the issue.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Using Fiery CWS software 5.8.0.39, I can add and delete “custom” stocks I create using the Fiery Paper Catalog.

However, when I create a “custom” stock using the administration tools on the Versant 80 GUI, the stock appears in the Fiery Paper Catalog, but there's a small “padlock” icon next to the stock name. I need to delete this “padlocked” custom stock from the Paper Catalog but don’t know how to do it.

When I select this "padlocked" stock in the Paper Catalog the delete icon is grayed out. I've tried right clicking on the stock but “Delete” is not listed as an option.

I’ve deleted the "padlock" stock from the Versant engine using adm tools and verified it’s no longer an available paper selection, yet it still shows up in Fiery's Paper Catalog. I even tried powering off the Fiery and the Versant, then restarting them both again but the stock still shows up in the Paper Catalog.

Creating “custom” stocks on the Versant 80 GUI offers us some unique options e.g. front-to-back registration; tray air-assist adjustment settings; fine tuning engine transfer rollers to eliminate mottle & color shift on heavy weight stocks; etc,… so we plan to continue using it.

We have a Xerox Versant 80 running Fiery EX80 Print Server US, Version 1.2
    Any suggestions of how to delete this "padlocked" custom stock would be most appreciated

Thanks
    Hi,

You have mentioned even restarting both engine & Fiery server didn't work . Could you please try again rebooting Fiery server , i think Rebooting server should work for this scenario.

And you can try the Workaround also that check the option "Hide unpublished entries". So, it displays only the published entries.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Default Fiery Paper Catalog and custom stocks

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post
    Just a thought and something to check:

Install a CWS on another computer and see if the padlock shows up with it. If so then the problem is with the server/printer, if not then its the CWS not reading the update with your printer. It might be a 5.8 issue that hasn't been discovered too. I'm only guessing here though.

Dan

ps Moderators could use your Printer info so they can try to replicate the issue.
    ------

Hi Dan,

Version 5.8.0.39 SP2 of CWS is installed on 2 other computers and the padlocks show up on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitha View Post
    Hi,

You have mentioned even restarting both engine & Fiery server didn't work . Could you please try again rebooting Fiery server , i think Rebooting server should work for this scenario.

And you can try the Workaround also that check the option "Hide unpublished entries". So, it displays only the published entries.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    --------

Hi Ranjitha,

We tried rebooting the server several times but the padlocked still remains.

Unfortunately using "Hide Unpublished Entries" in the paper catalog only removes these custom stocks from displaying, We don't just want remove them from displaying, we want to delete them.

Thank You

+ Reply to Thread