+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confirm Last _ Set of Output

Default Confirm Last _ Set of Output

Hello.

I'm using the Fiery Central to send jobs to a Konica 1052. There have been a few jobs here and there that I will send to it and they will begin to print then stop printing at six or seven sheets into the job.

The machine's screen shows the message "Please confirm the last _ sets of output then press [Start] to restart." The set amounts differ, the one I'm printing now has a one. It printed a full set (5 pages) and two pages of the next set. When I pushed [Start], it did not finish the partial set, it started a new one and two pages again, and gives the same message. I'm trying to print 90 sets, and the counter on the machine always says 2/90. I can't figure out why it is doing this. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Default More info

Hello again,

I'm also using a Konica 951 and have a job on it for 42 copies of a simple one page document. It is telling me to confirm the last 7 sets of output and restart. It printed 9 pages and reports 2/42. When I pushed [Start], it printed 7 more sheets counting up to 9, then stops and reports 2/42, confirm sets, repeat. I did this until I had enough to fulfill the job, but there was no change.

A few questions and things to look at.

What version of Fiery Central are you running?
    Is this something recent?
    Has someone turned on a soft switch on the printers to deal with slow processing?

Randy

I'm using version 5.8.0.39. It is somewhat recent, I think the first time was the beginning of August. It doesn't happen often which is part of the reason I'm unsure about what is causing it. Once this particular job was networked, I specified the paper, mixed media for the cover, and duplexing. That's it. No one has made any changes as far as I know.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

5.8 is the version of Command Workstation. CWS is the window into what's happening on a Fiery, or in your case Fiery Central. Fiery Central exists independent of CWS, and has its own version information.

In CWS, toward the top you should have a tab called Device Center. Click it, and you should right away be able to see what version of Fiery Central you're connected to.

Ah, I see. That's 2.8.0.25.

Someone from EFI was here on Tuesday and updated everything. Now I'm using version 2.8.1.29. Any idea? This is becoming more of a problem.

sent PM. Let me know

+ Reply to Thread