Thread: How to change Default Marks (hash marks)

Default How to change Default Marks (hash marks)

In Command workstation, as you process the Impose, there is an option under the tab "Marks". The default is .2222 for both Horizontal and Vertical lengths. If you leave this default, the crop marks are too long and you have to cut the job short to avoid having a little tick mark. So, you have to manually change to something smaller like .125 each and Every impose. I am looking to find a way to permanently change the default from .2222 to .125. Anyone know how?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Don't think there is, i haven't found one. Good for a request. A work around would be to setup a default impose. Label it something that gets it to the top of the list and then when crops are critical use that first.

Dan

Default Preference for marks

Thanks for the suggestions on the crop mark.

We are looking at providing user preferences for Fiery Impose, Compose, JobMaster in future releases. We can either change the default value to 0.125 inch (assuming this works for most as a default value) or we can offer a "Preset" function for you to save one or more sets of mark settings as mark preset(s). The latter may offer more flexibility. What do you think of the mark preset idea?

Best,
    Ling

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

anything that quickens preproduction is a good idea. Ive found that having to go inside a program inside of impose to set up basic cropmarks is time consuming, but only by a sec or two. Like Image viewers preset system a preset in impose for common tasks might go very well.

One thing I'd like to see modified is when you are in standard impose and you select 2mm offset for crop then go into user defined, it adds the bleed measurement to the 2mm for cropmarks. Often that's too much. I'd put in a small calculation to adjust the crop measurement, so that you don't go from 2 mm to 5.65 mm (2 + 3.65(8th inch)) but just to 3.65 or keep at 2mm by user preference.

Dan

Default Offset vs bleed box

Hello Dan,

When do you need to offset the crop mark for a PDF with bleed box defined?

Crop mark starts from the edge of the bleed box. When user defined finish size is used, the bleed value in the PDF becomes available in the layout calculation. So a positive offset value will offset the mark further out based on the bleed value while a negative offset value will bring the mark in, overlapping with the bleed area or the content depending on the value.

Ling

Correct. That's what i was saying. When i have crop offset set in normal mode then go into user defined it adds mine to the bleed distance. If a user wants it at a set amount, like me, then i have to go back into the crop subprogram and reset it to 0. If you could create a simple program so the user can set the crop offset regardless of normal or User Def mode. I would suggest the subprogram you already have as a preference setup but give a on/off switch in the main program. You could do that for the 5 tabs in your subprogram. A check box for each tab placed in the main program. And have that preference settings carry to the future impositions.

And while i have your attention i would like to see an option for dutch impose (thats the only name i know it by) where some art is rotated 90 degrees to fit more on a sheet. For instance a 5x7 art only goes 4 up on a 12x18 sheet but dutch impose can put 5 up two vertical three horizontal on a Portrait orientation. I can tell you more if you want.

Dan