+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery JDF Details documentation

Default Fiery JDF Details documentation

Hello,

I am currently working on getting JDF to work for our company, and ran into some troubles.

I got some documentation and JDF examples from Xerox, but unfortunately not everything I need is described in the examples, and the documentation seems outdated.

The pdf documentation file I got was:

Fiery JDF
    JDF Details
    Elements, Attributes and Values
    Dated: 7/7/2014

I found some errors in the documentation by using the examples and testing myself.

For example: on page 23 of the documentation it is stated that the attribute "EFI:Bleed" can contain the values "true" or "false". But after testing it is clear that this should be "X Y" where X is the horizontal bleed, and the Y is the vertical bleed.

Another example: also on page 23: the attribute "FrontMarkList" can contain values "true" or "false", but I found out that if you use "CutMarks" as a value, then the cutmarks are emitted. I suspect with my experience with other JDF's that you could also enter other values here to emit the colorcontrolstrip and jobline. But I have no idea what I should enter.

What I mostly would like to know is how I can set the "Note 1" and "Note 2" (as seen in the Fiery Command Station) in JDF and how I can set the Control Bar in JDF, this so we can print an extra txt line on every sheet with information for the rest of the printing and cutting process.

Also an example how I can use impose "Gangup Unique-Collate Cut" and "Booklet Perfect" from JDF, in the examples I got there was mention on how to use "Booklet Saddle", "Booklet Nested Saddle" and "Gangup Unique" but not "Gangup Unique-Collate Cut" or "Booklet Perfect".

We went through your questions. Here are our initial comments:

1. "EFI:Bleed" description needs to be corrected in the JDF details document.
    2. "FrontMarkList" description needs to be corrected in the JDF details document.
    3. "Note 1" and "Note 2" – At present, FJDF sets “Notes1” attribute in Fiery with the Descriptivename in JDF ticket. “Notes2” is not set.
    4. Control bar supported through EFI extension key - "EFI:ControlBar" – document needs to be updated
    5. "Gangup Unique-Collate Cut" – This is not implemented in current FJDF
    6. "Booklet Perfect" – need to update the details document.

We will update the JDF details document accordingly and will contact you directly.

thanks,
    l-

Thank you for your reaction, I would like to get started with the controlbar if possible, could you tell me where I should put EFI:ControlBar and what the values are? CQ is it an attribute on layoutprepartionparams or is it a sub-element?

With kind regards,
    Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Since the document isn't updated yet, I'll contact you directly to share instructions that explains the usage. Also will provide a sample JDF ticket.

thanks,
    l-

Default updated JDF documentation

Hi to all,

is there an updated JDF documentation availabale? I`m also working with the old one :-(

Thx
    Joe

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi Joe,

Please ping me your request - yusuke.kondo@efi.com
    I will send our latest FJDF spec.

Thanks!
    Yusuke

+ Reply to Thread