Thread: EFI H1625 LED Banding

Default EFI H1625 LED Banding

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am having severe banding issues with my prints. I've even had the black print head replaced this week and still continue to have the banding issues. Now that we've ruled out it's not a hardware issues I need to try to figure out how to get rid of the banding in our prints. Are there any tips you can recommend when ripping the file? Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi MarisaT,

I would recommend placing a service call on your printer, so a technician can get to the bottom of the issue.

Also your H1625 is driven by Fiery XF, which is covered in this forum
    http://proofingforums.efi.com/

Regards,

Greta.

Default It's probably hardware

There's more than just a print head that can cause banding. Call your tech back. They'll usually fix the most likely cause of a problem and wait for you to call them back if it didn't work. Also learn your machine, the more direction you give the tech, the more likely they are to fix the problem on the first try.

Also, a lot of printers these days have self maintenance tools (eg. DEMs, Dev. Refresh, belt cleaning, etc) get your tech to show them to you and come up with a weekly & daily routine. After doing and following a maintenance routine, my print quality on my Ricoh stays printing like new and banding issues only really occur when a part is close to its lifespan and obviously needs replacing.

Also, maybe lower some of your printer settings so you're not maxing-out your machine. Not making your machine work so hard reduced minor imperfections during printing that from a distance ruin the print. (But I'd still bet you problem is hardware)