Thread: Connect module

MikkoS is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MikkoS is on a distinguished path

Question Connect module

I'm trying achieve functionality where I could get paper information from web2print solution to follow to cws hold queue.

At the moment I'm not doing it by JDF instead I'm thinking of simple workaround.
    My workflow is quite complicated because of differend sheet marks according to product page size are needed.

So I'm having one sort of input workflow at favourites (thank's for that feature clears the system nicely) but the whole monster is consisted of several different workflows (12). This is because you can't do a pitstop check and choose imposition based on that. After pitstop check you need to route the job to different workflow instead and do the imposition there. If it would be possible to choose imposition based on pistopcheck many of my problems would vanish.

But now if I want to use an cws-preset on output to determine the paper from paper catalog I would have to copy all these workflows as many times as I have different papers to be used. Well that's about four but still makes the system quite a mess.

So I came up with this idea to use connect-module to do that.

So I would have 4 workflows each for every paper. In the output there would be cws-preset choosing the right paper. In all of those workflows I would use connect-module to send the job to this complicated string of workflows to do the imposition based on page size. And further on to take it back to original workflof to continue to output with cws-preset.

I was allready opening a beer as I finally thought I came up with a way to do this.

But I can't get it working.
    To me it seems that external processing can't be done at jobflow since the the original workflow stays in action waiting the file to come through the process of another workflow. And this another workflow isn't starting as the other one is still active.
    What a shame.
    Or am I missing something here?

Can anyone come up with any other way to do this?

Hi Mikko, let me follow up with you directly. This is most definitely achievable and I'm happy to explain how. We are continuously evaluating our implementation of features like the Connect module and your feedback will help us to improve JobFlow with each release. So thank you for sharing!
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow