Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KM C1085 Fiery 308 Server Crashing

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

Default KM C1085 Fiery 308 Server Crashing

Hi everyone, We purchased a KM C1085 with a Fiery 308 Server in July last year. The Server at the time of install had software version 4.??? and the whole system worked fine.
    A week later a trainer came and gave us some heads up on C1085 and when leaving updated the server to 5.7 version. Then we had crashing Rip probs until the server was rebuilt back to Version 4 software. So then another trainer came along and did followup training and when leaving updated the software in the Rip to 5.7 again saying it had been improved to run. So next day we were back to a crashing rip, so the Rip was reinstalled at at version 4 which we ran for the next 10 months with not many problems.
    About 2 weeks ago we started getting crashes and can't select paper trays and hanging slow server probs, so the Server was upgraded to 5.8 software.
    Straight away we had probs with crashing server again so a check was done on the Windows software and it was found there were about 180 upgrades needed. So all the upgrades were done and still we had crashing server, slow server.
    Usually if I print a job over 100 sheets and a stock weight of 300 gsm + the server crashes. If the job is under 100 sheets and under 290gsm the server does not crash
    Currently at the moment I am running a book of 218 SRA3 pages (109 leaves) and this is 2up so the print run is 51 sets. The pdf file size is 159.8 MB and 20 pages are colour and the remainder greyscale. If I run one book of SRA3 pages the server does not crash. If I run 5 books to print the server crashes about half way into the second book. Free unused RAM on the Controller goes down to 3.94% and the numbers on the console turn orange where for all other percentages they are white.
    Tomorrow the Server gets reinstalled back to only 5.7 version to see if works on that version.

Currently on back order is the RAM for the Server, New Cable for connection from Fiery to C1085.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem with my Fiery Server is??

If this post is in the wrong place a monitor may move for me to correct place.

regards
    Rod

Sorry to hear you're seeing these problems.

In this case you really need a technical support engineer or analyst to come to your site and diagnose/troubleshoot the issues you are seeing. CWS 5.7 or 5.8 should never cause a server to crash like that. Something more is going on.

Seeing it's only a year old your machine must be under a service contract.

Not sure what you mean by version 4???

Contact your dealer and:
    1.) Make sure IC-308 itself is running system software version 2.1. That is latest, and supported version.

2.) Then, make sure all Windows 7 critical and important updates are done.

3.) Then run Fiery System Updates utility until no more Fiery patches (fixes) remain to be installed

4.) Make sure copier firmware is up to date

At this point Command WorkStation will be at v5.7.0.51 (from rebuild to system software level v2.1)

Now run the jobs you referred to in your previous post.

If you still have crashes, work with your dealer to escalate to KM Support.

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

The problem is escalated to KM Australia. They want the Fiery rebuilt to 5.7.
    I ran 19 of 26 sets of leaves this morning and then the fiery crashed again. That's 19 sets of 218 pages run as 19 individutal print runs and no probs, 20th Set the Fiery crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Sorry to hear you're seeing these problems.

In this case you really need a technical support engineer or analyst to come to your site and diagnose/troubleshoot the issues you are seeing. CWS 5.7 or 5.8 should never cause a server to crash like that. Something more is going on.

Seeing it's only a year old your machine must be under a service contract.
    Yes we have a Service Contract, yes KM Australia know about all the problems, but no one can pinpoint the problem that has existed since the machinery was first installed.

Just Crashed Again on the last booklet run.
    Attached Images  

This is Fiery Software Version we are currently using.
    Attached Images  

Crashed again. All I did was select the job and spinning Lifesaver started.
    Attached Images  

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Baldbug View Post
    This is Fiery Software Version we are currently using.
    That's not your Fiery software version - that's your Command Workstation software version.

You can see the Fiery software version in Command Workstation by looking under the Device Center tab, under General. The latest version is 2.1, which was a big step up from previous versions.

So, what's your Fiery system software version?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    That's not your Fiery software version - that's your Command Workstation software version.

You can see the Fiery software version in Command Workstation by looking under the Device Center tab, under General. The latest version is 2.1, which was a big step up from previous versions.

So, what's your Fiery system software version?
    Looks like we running 1.1.
    2.1 is paid update.
    I'm told 1.1 will work fine and does work fine on a lot machines here Aus.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Baldbug; 08-04-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast