+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Job Not Printing

Hi,

Have done some more testing and got a job printed using the printJobSample function with the ID of 0.56967C07.42 as per below: -

Login
    {"authenticated":true,"fiery":true}

Printing job 0.56967C07.42
    {"id":"0.56967C07.42","method":true}

Logout
    {"authenticated":false}

I got the ID from the output of the getjobsample function as per the following output: -

Login
    {"authenticated":true,"fiery":true}

Get jobs
    [{"id":"0.56967C07.42","title":"RR_D-2219091-244247.pdf","username":"FIERY_CENTRAL","status":"done printing","print status":"canceled","date":"16:32 13 Jan, 2016","num pages":"6","size":"8378794","media type":"Paper","media size":"CustomPrintSize","total pages printed":"0","total sheets printed":"0","total bw pages printed":"0","total color pages printed":"0","copies printed":"0","total tab pages printed":"0",

So I'm not sure where the ID 0.56967C07.42 is coming from, if I search for the string 0.56967C07.42 in command workstation nothing is found?

In addition is it possible to print the job using the Job Title?

Thanks,

OK,

Done some more investigating.

I’ve found the job ID 0.56967C07.42 which is in a server in command workstation which is DISCONNECTED called FIERYCENTRAL.

We have two other servers in Command WorkStation (CUSTP1 and CUSTP2) which are connected and in production, however if I change the hostname to:-

// set the host name as fiery server name or ip address
    var hostname = 'CUSTP1';

I then get a 404 error: -
    Attached Images  

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Not sure what 404 error is. Where did you see the 404 error? Have you been able to login to the CUSTP1 or CUTP2 server? Have you tried admin name and password (again not the Windows username and passport, Fiery's)?

Have you tried IP address instead of hostname?

Thanks,

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Also,

You can not specify a job with job title from Jobs api call.
    The reason is that Job title can be duplicated, but Job ID is always unique in your Fiery server.

You can of course write a code which looks up jobs with a specific job title and send it to process/print by utilizing Jobs call because Job ID is associated with a job title always.

thanks,
    Yusuke

+ Reply to Thread