+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CPS 4.9 not seeing KM FD-9 over IP

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Default CPS 4.9 not seeing KM FD-9 over IP

FD-9 connected to ethernet, IC-308 also connected to ethernet. CPS 4.9 running on IC-308. Both devices on the same subnet.

FD-9 utility also loaded on IC-308, and it finds the FD-9 just fine.

But CPS doesn't find the FD-9. Thoughts?

Works fine when connected USB.

FD-9 firmware 1.11.0001.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

And by the way, I did check--this works on my Macintosh via IP just fine.

So this is a CPS/Windows issue, or is this a CPS/Fiery issue?

Lorenz2 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Lorenz2 is on a distinguished path

hi adam1991,

same issue here.

Made a little matrix to show what works fine and what does not when I called EFI/KM/XEROX for help last week.

Fiery EX80 (Win 7)
    EFI CPS 4.9 USB OK / Ethernet BAD
    Konica-Minolta FD-S2w USB OK / Ethernet OK

Standalone MAC
    EFI CPS 4.9 USB OK / Ethernet OK
    Konica-Minolta FD-S2w USB OK / Ethernet OK

EFI is aware of the issue and working on it – supposed to have fix end of July or the beginning of August. Should be part of version 4.10.

Beset, Lorenz
    Xerox Versant 80 with EX-80

Good to know. Thanks.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

I have an IC-310 running v2.1 fully updated, and a KM FD-9 connected to it that still only seems to work via USB connection. Was the FD-9 network connection issue ever solved, and if so, what do I need to do?

Default FD9 - Firmware

Check your firmware version. At time of 4.9.2 release, the current version of firmware is 1.12.0000

FD9 connection stability has been a challenge.

With CPS v4.9.2, the Fiery connection to the FD9 has been unblocked. The connection has been tested working on Mac and Windows Clients and Fiery Servers, Win 10, Win 8.1 and Win 7.

We have seen Ethernet connection issues that are intermittent, or dependent on network hardware used. We have been unable to determine a clear way to work around.
    In one case, connecting the Fiery Server and the FD9 to the same Ethernet switch resolved the issue of a hang on initialization.
    In another case, the initial connection on a Windows 7 Fiery Server was failing, and then for no clear reason it began working.

On Windows - USB connection remains the most reliable.
    On Mac - Mac hardware dependent - the latest OSX v10.11 and v10.12 with USB hangs on initialization, so Ethernet is most reliable.

Thank you
    Justin
    Last edited by Justin_dB; 02-08-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Thanks for the detailed info, Justin.

Unfortunately, apart from the connectivity issues with the Fiery server, CPS 4.9.2 doesn't play nicely with the FD-9 (even via USB) when creating a printer profile with G7 calibration, at least on a 12"x18" sheet. I have already reported the details to my EFI SDM; Lou Prestia has confirmed it, and recommended dropping back to 4.9.1 until a patch comes out.

Thumbs up

We have looked into the impact of the custom page size workflow changes in 4.9.2 which is affecting the G7 calibration path with "custom" (12x18) chart definitions. We are making an change to address this in 4.9.3.

The good news is 4.9.3 is on the way. We are working through the release process to provide an update quickly.

In the mean time - G7 users are recommended to use media with fixed chart sizes available in the 4.9.2 until 4.9.3 is available for everyone.

Thank you
    Justin

Default RE: CPS 4.9 not seeing KM FD-9 over IP

Hi Steve.

It is true that there is a problem with custom paper size in v.4.9.2 as I have previously confirmed.

Also, the port that Fiery was blocking and is needed for IP connectivity was only fixed in v.4.9.2.

So for today if you want to use custom paper size you will need to use 4.9.1 and connect the FD-9 over USB. Does that work for you as a temporary fix?

You can be sure we are working hard to get a new release out that fixes the custom paper size failure. Thanks for your patience.

~Lou

Thanks, Lou and Justin. Please know that I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus. Least of all you, Lou - I have so much respect for you. I appreciate how EFI is turning color management from rocket science into something even an eternal dolt like me can manage.

CPS 4.9.0 and 4.9.1 have been such a joy to use; especially with the FD-9, I've been able to step through a G7 calibration and profile in 15-20 minutes flat. It has been "print a chart - scan a chart" simple - until this latest release.

12" x 18" is a standard size (not a custom size) on KM equipment -- and in my showroom, it's practically all I use. It would be good if CPS looked at 12" x 18" as a standard size too.

I know you guys are pushing hard. I look forward to CPS 4.9.3.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast