+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ImageViewer unstable?

Default ImageViewer unstable?

Our experience is that adjusting color curves within ImageViewer is risky. Re-open the adjusted file in the "Held" queue and the curve adjustments might be there, or might not. The file can be re-opened 2 or 3 times and the adjustments are there, but the next time the file is opened, curve adjustments are gone. I have read that the visual curve will be gone, but the adjustment has been applied to the file. That isn't our experience. Both the curve AND it's intended affects are gone. The option to "save" the curve adjustment doesn't necessarily "save"? We know to export the curve, which saves it, but why must we re-apply the curve numerous times? We were shown that output profiles can be created to accomplish the color correction. OK. But that doesn't fix the apparent software problem.

We use:

- FS 150 Pro
    - CWS 5.7
    - Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition
    - ImageViewer 2.2.0.15
    - Ricoh Pro C7110X

Default It's the MOST annoying feature of the Graphics Art Package

Image Viewer edits are done only to the raster of a file. If you do anything that may cause the file to re-raster (image shift, paper change etc...usually indicated by text in the lower left of the job properties screen as "Job will be re-processed" or something along those lines.) it will wipe out any Image Viewer curves you may have applied. Super annoying to say the least.

The workflow 'fix' (and I use the term loosely) is to create an image viewer curve you are happy with and save it as a preset in the Image Viewer screen, then apply it to the file as a preset in Job Properties. This way it will apply that preset to the file no matter what else you do with it. However I'll mention, I'm unfamiliar if this feature is available on the FS-150
    Last edited by iGen_chickadee; 10-16-2016 at 06:38 PM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

FS-200 adds the ability to call out those ImageViewer curve presets directly in the job ticket, instead of having to open the raster in IV and manually apply it. This gives the required automation.

It's not as slick as <cough> some other systems, but it achieves the same end--for FS-200 customers who have all the right configurations and options installed.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same feature however if they are using FS-150 I do not think the automation is available.

(I wouldn't know for sure since the systems I'm using are FS-200)
    Last edited by iGen_chickadee; 05-22-2017 at 08:00 PM.

We'll have a look at the corrections being lost in Held if you open the raster 3 times.

IMageViewer does its adjustment son raster data, so if you delete raster the changes are expected to be lost.

That's why we le you save curve presets which can be applied back to the same job or to other jobs or pages within jobs. These presets can only be selected for use outside of ImageViewer on FS 200 systems.

+ Reply to Thread