Thread: Color scanning disabled

Smile Color scanning disabled

Hi everybody. I have a strange problem. Came in a few months ago to find rain had got into my building and had wet the Xerox DC242. Mopped up all the water I could see and everything seemed to work fine. I went to do a network scan and I got a message as follows:

Unable to start.
    The device which is associated with the selected Scanning Color is disabled.
    Select Black.

The DC242 will scan for a copy (both B&W and colour, so there is nothing wrong with the scanner itself). I can scan to the BW0GUEST folder, but whenever I choose any other folder with the word COLOR in it, I get the above message. I've tried all the usual, rebooting the Fiery, switching off the DC242 and removing power plug for some minutes.

Can't find anybody on the forums with this type of error, hope someone will be able to shed some scanning light on the matter

Why not try creating a new scan template for color scanning?

Type your Fierys IP address into a browser to open Webtools. Go to Scan Settings tab, and login as Admin.

From there you can create a new template, pointing to guest mailbox, and set it to color.

Default Color Scanning disabled

Thanks for that advice Greta, but have already tried all these options. Nothing works.

sorry to hear that.

sounds like something shorted out when the engine had a shower, you really need a xerox tech to check it out.