Thread: Custom Output Profiles

Hybrid View

Default Custom Output Profiles

Hi everybody

I am working color management more than 10 years. Recently, with some older versions on Fiery I created custom Output Profile by changing Density and Curves. Then Calibrate desired paper associate with that output profile.
    We bought new Fiery MPC 3003, E-22c with FS100 software version. Edit Output Profiles is not possible anymore, and specially calibration.
    I am using Colorcal for calibration.

Please help

Default Color Editor

Are you missing curve edits? or are you missing editing the calibration target Maximum Density?

Curve edits to source and output profiles are available in Device Center -> Resources -> Profiles -> (Select a profile) and click the Edit button.

Calibration Maximum Density target edits are only available when creating a new calibration in Device Center -> Tools-> Calibration -> Manage -> Create new... If you follow the workflow until you get to the step "Calibration setting "your calibration" has been created" - you will see a "View Measurements" button, which will take you to a graph of the measurements and targets. The targets will be editable. After saving the changes, you can then continue to creating a profile, or using the calibration associated to a copy of the select profile.

Name:  Create Calibration.PNG
Views: 3675
Size:  20.0 KBName:  EditTargets.PNG
Views: 3780
Size:  28.6 KB

Thanks for fast reply.

But this is not what I meant.
    I know how to change Curves. But I want to change Max density too. That is cancelled in new version.
    I copied original Output Profile and try to change Max Density and option don't exist any more.

Also Calibrator you show in massage nor appear as it is.

Please advice

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 11.58.54 AM.png
Views: 3693
Size:  44.7 KB
    This is what I have to change. This is old version of Color Editor.

Correct - on older servers you edit %density targets at the output profile - as the Calibration targets were stored in the output profile.
    Newer servers you change the calibration targets in the calibration settings, as the calibration target location has been moved out of the profile. This was a system level change made as of Fiery System version 10/10e

Note: On newer servers, this edit can only be done creating new calibrations. You cannot edit existing calibrations.

Thank you
    Justin
    Last edited by Justin_dB; 06-17-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Then question is:

1. How to do any other calibration with colorcal , associate with other papers than normal?
    2. How to create or change max density in newer version?

and very important

If I can't do any of this, what would be a reason to buy Fiery?