Thread: System Updates Error: Number of installation exceeded the allowed limit error no. 20

Default System Updates Error: Number of installation exceeded the allowed limit error no. 20

Problem:
    Getting a "System Updates Error"
    "Service error during installation. Number of installations exceeded the allowed limit. Error no. 20"

Background:
    I performed a clean system load of an E-41A from original installation media.
    I've been gradually working my way through the long list of system updates, using the Fiery System Update tool. I have been successfully selecting the updates one at a time and rebooting as instructed after every single update. However since reaching FIT100539130 I'm unable to proceed, it stays stuck on this update and I'm getting the error above.

Appreciate any assistance or advice on how to fix/proceed.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Not sure what happened there - went to edit previous post & ended up deleting it ?

I have seen something similar on a EX2100 when using Fiery System update patch would download but would not install - if you look on your Fiery in C:\sysupdates\data you'll probably find a folder named the same as your patch with the patch contained in it - you can try running the exe manually - if the patch installs correctly delete the patch folder & then retry System update.

Also can you tell us which vendor / fiery combo you have.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

I have really found the System Updates software to be quite problematic. I have gotten the server is busy error constantly or would just hang and not finish downloading or installing. I consider it so bad that I now longer use it for updating.

Instead I go to Configure either for CWS or the server IP address in a browser. Just download the patches and run the installer. If there are multiple patchs to download just be aware of the order which they need to be installed.