Thread: Searching network to add Fiery's fails on Mac

Default Searching network to add Fiery's fails on Mac

For a long time now, I have noticed this. That when trying to scan the local network for Fiery's - to add them to Your CWS - fails - they simply do not show up on CWS for Mac.

I often try this - going to customers as a consultant - to help them with different services. I come to their location - start up my mac - get access to their network - and search for their Fiery's - it never works.

However - when typing in a range of IP's (ie. 172.16.2.1 - 172.16.2.255) CWS usually finds the Fiery's.

What is the reason for this? And thereby ... is there a fix for this?

Martin Lund Larsen

CWS scans the current subnet.

Is it possible that you are connecting via Wireless, to a certain subnet, and the Fiery's are sitting on a wired LAN in a different subnet?

A quick comparison of IP addresses will tell you.

If this is the case, then plug in your mac to the LAN and try discovery again.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I agree with this. In many locations, it's common for the print shop to be on its own subnet, with its own pool of IP addresses, away from the general business. And while you can ping and reach the equipment, something like the Fiery scan won't find them automatically.