Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Imposition crop marks are off

Default Imposition crop marks are off

I have posted this before and have not seen a fix. Running CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 with a Xerox Versant 2100. There has always been a problem with accuracy of crop marks.

As an example, impose two 8.5 x 11 sheets, 2 up on a 12 x 18. Have it place crop marks on the sheet. You will find the last crop down the 18" side is short .029". The paper did not shrink due to heat.

When running a test sheet placing my own marks on the paper, it is printed correctly. Therefore the problem is not caused by the Versant 2100 full width array.

This is a royal pain when trying to trim out business cards. I always need to readjust after cutting a couple of cards. PLEASE EFI, FIX THIS NOW!

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

You need to place a service call and ask for second level support. This is a Xerox problem to solve, and Xerox needs to escalate this through their engineering resources--to EFI if needed.

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

I've not seen this on a Versant 80. Have you tried a mixture of crop marks in the artwork and impose crop marks, by setting the bleed so both crop marks show? Would be interesting to see if they line up...

On our old Xerox Color 560, I always had the problem of one of the trailing edge being printed out of square, so the crop marks were out of position in one corner only, yet the leading edge was perfectly square. It never was solved as the registration settings provided no way to make this perfect, only to make it less bad by making the leading edge slightly off square too. Xerox replaced the 2nd BTR many times which helped for a little while. Not seen this issue on the Versant 80, fortunately.

Default Imposition crop marks are off

Thanks for the comments. It is not a problem of the image not be square. Registration is very good but when Fiery works the crops they are off. I am suspecting there is a rounding error in their math.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

have you checked the PDFs trim box (if you are using User Defined) If you are using 'based on crop box' are you sure that the original size is correct (PDFs cropbox)? Does this happen on every art or just the one? Does it happen on all types of Impositions or just the 2up 12x18. Does it do it to duplex and simplex? Are you fully patched on the Versant? Have you run a measurement alignment page (PDF creation) to verify your magnification/perpendicularity/scew and centering are all correct?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post
    have you checked the PDFs trim box (if you are using User Defined) If you are using 'based on crop box' are you sure that the original size is correct (PDFs cropbox)? Does this happen on every art or just the one? Does it happen on all types of Impositions or just the 2up 12x18. Does it do it to duplex and simplex? Are you fully patched on the Versant? Have you run a measurement alignment page (PDF creation) to verify your magnification/perpendicularity/scew and centering are all correct?

Dan
    It is being processed using the crop box.

This happens with any file both simplex & duplex.

All is calibrated.

When Fiery is not used to impose and I send my own file already imposed with crops, it prints accurately.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

In the PDF you're having issues with open up the output preview. Under the 'show' heading you should see a check box called 'show art, trim, bleed boxes' click that and it should show you your bleed and trim boxes overlaying the art. Do the crop marks line up with the trim box? If not then that is your problem. When you use "User Defined" that trim box will determine the page size in Impose. Its a good way to figure out how much bleed you need to remove for the "crop box" option, to get to the proper size as defined in the PDF.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    It is being processed using the crop box.

This happens with any file both simplex & duplex.

All is calibrated.

When Fiery is not used to impose and I send my own file already imposed with crops, it prints accurately.
    OK, so I put together a sample file of the Fiery imposed file and a 1 up that you can impose. You should see that the scaling is off.

You can download the file at this link http://signprints.com/files4you/imposition_off.zip

Sorry i saw no issues with it. You should follow adams advice and get the tech out to look at it. If the problem is at the tail end it may be dragging. If its at the lead edge it may be hitting something that is slowing it down just enough not to through a Fault code.

Dan

Just a thought, if the problem is digital and not mechanical, you need to make sure your machines/software's are fully patched and updated. That's the Server, printer, client computer, CWS, and EFI. Also if you could post a comparative example, not a digital one like you gave, and include your printer/server/client specs for the moderators they may be able to help you out better.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast