+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crashing in InDesign/Photoshop

Question Crashing in InDesign/Photoshop

Hello,

We have 2 users on Windows 10 Enterprise x64 who are trying to print to a Konica Minolta using driver Fiery PRO80 70-60C-KM PS1.0. Each time they attempt to change the print settings in InDesign/Photoshop, the program crashes with a generic error. We have verified that windows updates are installed in addition to application updates for Adobe. The issue is following this specific driver. Works for all other printers/drivers and happens on all profiles.

Any thoughts?

Where did you get that driver from?

For Win10, I would recommend getting the latest Win driver for IC-306 v1.0 on EFI download site (it is labeled for Win8, but should work fine for Win10)

You can delete existing printer using Windows, but if you have Fiery Printer Delete Utility on the Win10 PC, better to use it.

After printer delete, reconfigure printer using driver you just downloaded from EFI site

(if the above does not work, you could try a workaround by using IC-306 v3.01 Win10 driver found on same download site. But keep in mind this is not a supported solution)

IC-306 v1.0 has never been QA'd with Win10, and is also running an OS that went end of support by Microsoft about 2 years ago. This version of IC-306 was released almost six years ago.

I would suggest contacting your KM dealer and inquiring about v3.01 / Win 7 Pro upgrade kit.

Question

So are you suggesting that we do install the v1.0 or the v3.01 and test?

??

I thought I described options already.

Not sure what you are asking....

"For Win10, I would recommend getting the latest Win driver for IC-306 v1.0 on EFI download site (it is labeled for Win8, but should work fine for Win10)"

"IC-306 v1.0 has never been QA'd with Win10, and is also running an OS that went end of support by Microsoft about 2 years ago. This version of IC-306 was released almost six years ago."

I don't know if that means I should or should not use v1.0 or use the v3.01 that you mentioned in the post as well.

This is my recommendation:

For Win10, I would recommend getting the latest Win driver for IC-306 v1.0 on EFI download site (it is labeled for Win8, but should work fine for Win10)

You can delete existing printer using Windows, but if you have Fiery Printer Delete Utility on the Win10 PC, better to use it.

After printer delete, reconfigure printer using driver you just downloaded from EFI site

Keep in mind that IC-306 v1.0 has never been QA'd with Win10, and is also running an OS that went end of support by Microsoft about 2 years ago. This version of IC-306 was released almost six years ago.

I would suggest contacting your KM dealer and inquiring about v3.01 / Win 7 Pro upgrade kit

----------------
    If the above recommendation does not work for this problem, then you may try, as a workaround, this:

Download IC-306 v3.01 Win10 driver found on same download site and configure your printer with it. But keep in mind this is not a supported solution

Thumbs up Solved

Scott_W,

Thank you for your suggestions. We ended up downloading the v3.01 driver and installing on our print server. Upon our initial testing all appears to be working as expected. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

+ Reply to Thread