Thread: Updating Master in Workflow

Hybrid View

Default Updating Master in Workflow

I am unfamiliar with Command Workstation 5 and need help please. Within a workflow, I need to update a master, but am unsure how I do that. If I cannot update the master file, if someone could please tell me how to import a new master for the VDP I would greatly appreciate it!!

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

You can try importing the Master file to the hold queue , open Job properties and click on VDP tab and click Create Master drop down and select any available number 1 to 100:Not created and then Rip/print the file.

then You can check the Master data in VDP Resources tab which is under Device Center->Resources.

Hope this helps!.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images    

Thank you for that! I was able to import the master, but now when I apply the workflow that uses that master, that file does not show up. For example. I have 25 pages in my document to print, when I apply the workflow, it should as a page after each of my original pages but it is not doing so. What did I do wrong? Or what step am I missing? (Side note, I tried to reset to the original master, and it does not add the extra pages anymore). Thanks for all the help!