Thread: Rip Error and logs

Default Rip Error and logs

Hello all. I have a Fiery on a Kyocera Taskalfa and having Rip errors. Customer was printing from a DOS prompt, LPR and sending a file over to it. I keep getting RIP errors. Said it worked fine on the Xerox that they had but not this. Question I have as i do not see any detail report or file so I can see more info on the error. When sent to the IP of the Fiery I get the error, when printing with the IP of the embedded NIC on the Kyocera, prints fine (Fonts are wrong and paper direction is 90 off) Any help would be great. Thank you.

OK what are the RIP errors? Screenshot?
    Or are you only seeing this rip error in the job log?

Have you tried connecting with Command Workstation?
    If so, jobs with a RIP error should land in the printed queue of the Fiery, displaying with a red color. Double click on one of these jobs to see the exact error.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 04-14-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Default Rip Error and Logs

Thanks for the reply. never knew i could see more info now that you pointed that out, Thank you.

This is what it shows. I would guess that Master is the printer. On the customer side cassette is Portrait and works fine. Really can run it for a long period of time as it jams from grain direction. When paper is installed Landscape I get the error. I can send show the script if needed. Thank you.

Unfortunately the image you posted is not displaying. Could you try posting it again (maybe try JPEG or PNG format), or sending a link to it? E.g. a dropbox link?

Default Rip Error

Thank you and here is a different file version.
    Attached Images  

In this case the Fiery RIP is thinking you are using Fiery FreeForm feature, to print onto a Master form. Is this the case?

FreeForm is a form and overlay feature, where you can print onto pre-saved forms (masters) with just variable data. It can be used for storing letterheads, forms etc in the Fiery RIP.

You didn't mention it in your post. Check if the user is intending to use Freeform. If so, then they need to ensure their orientation matches between the master and variable files.

If not then I'm guessing the user is generating a postscript file, and then sending it via LPR. Within this job is something the Fiery is detecting as a Freeform command, but it isn't (something like *EFUseMaster or *EFPrintMaster).

So it begs the question, how is the user generating the print files?

If you still need more help I would recommend generating a JER (Job Error Report) by holding down CTRL+Right click on the error job in Command Workstation. This will take the job and more info for diagnostics, and save to the desktop as a zip. Either post a link to that zip here, or send me a PM with the link.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 04-15-2016 at 07:19 AM.