Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fdc Error - can't work on my computer anymore

It's fixed in the latest sustaining release on our download site here:

http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...&product=Fiery Extended Applications v4.4.0.755

Remove the current version using the Fiery Software Uninstaller before installing the new one.

Default there is only thing to say about this

at ****ing last.

it was the worst time of my life and the updater never told us about the new version.

at ****ing last.

it was the worst time of my life and the updater never told us about the new version.

at ****ing last.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

seems I'm not the only one to find that my submission of the post didn't seem to go through but did, and get multiple sendings because of it

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and that I didn't update this post earlier.

In answer to your comment "the updater never told us about the new version":

The Fiery Software Manager (FSM) will only notify you of major releases like upgrading from 5.7 to 5.8, and essential service packs. It will not notify you of our monthly sustaining releases, as I'm sure you wouldn't want FSM to prompt you to upgrade CWS every month for some bug fixes that may not even apply to you.

We post monthly sustaining releases on our download site with all the latest bug fixes. Many of these bugs only affect a small percentage of users. You can see what is fixed in each release by referring to the Release notes posted with them, like the example below:

http://help.efi.com/fea/4.4/45140641...Apps44_CRN.pdf

To view the sustaining releases, go to our download site here http://www.efi.com/support-and-downloads/downloads/ and select Fiery Drivers and Utilities (not Fiery Command Workstation, that will only allow you to download the latest major release - I know our site needs work).

Then select Applications and Utilities > Fiery Extended Applications.
    In the future if you're troubleshooting an issue, I recommend you try the latest sustaining release as we might have already fixed it.

Attachment 1638

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2