+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is needed to upgrade from version 7 XP machine to windows 7 version 8.3?

Default what is needed to upgrade from version 7 XP machine to windows 7 version 8.3?

Currently have a server running XP and version 8.3. Would like to install fresh copy of windows 7. Where can I access install disks, patches and drivers if needed?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Default downloads does not offer micropress software

couldn't find any downloads from EFI link provided.

Default what is needed to upgrade from version 7 XP machine to windows 7 version 8.3?

Hello,

What model computer do you have? Do you have a Windows 7 license sticker on the side of your computer? Once I know the answers then I can suggest a solution.

Thanks,
    Ken

Default What is needed to upgrade from version 7 XP machine to windows 7 version 8.3?

Upgrading MicroPress depends on two things. The current MicroPress version you have and the current hardware you have. You must be on MicroPress version 8.3 to use Windows 7.

As for the hardware... if you have a Dell 960, 990, or T7500 from EFI, these systems were shipped with Windows 7 disks in the box even though the system was running XP. You can just reinstall the OS with the Win 7 disks.

If you don't have these Dell platforms then you most likely do not have a Microsoft license for Windows 7 and you will need to provide the Windows 7 OS.

Once the OS is changed to Windows 7 just reinstall MicroPress.

+ Reply to Thread