Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Configure and Fiery Ticker won't launch

Default Configure and Fiery Ticker won't launch

Hello everyone,

We've had some reports that after loading the new Release 4.3 package (including Command Workstation 5.7) that they can no longer launch Configure tool, or the Fiery Ticker.

It's not happening uniformly, only a few are affected so far. But just in case anyone else is seeing it I thought I'd post a quick fix for you. It seems our Agali installer is failing in some cases, and the fix is to reinstall it over the top.

First, Go to Add/Remove programs, and Remove Agali.
    Then go to
    E:\EFI\user_sw\Windows_User_SW\Common Utilities and run the Agali installer

That should do it.
    We'll be posting an update soon, but in the meantime I thought I'd share the workaround.

G.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Hi Greta,

Would this also be the cause of CWS 5.7 itself not working after install? And then CWS 5.6 not being able to work after reinstalling 5.4, seeing it work, then upgrading to 5.6 and it not working either?

Adam1991,

No that sounds like a whole other issue. I recommend removing all applications with Fiery Software Manager, then removing the 'Fiery User Software' item from Add/remove programs. Reboot before trying an install again.

Are you seeing this problem on a Fiery or a client computer? OS? Model? Also when you say 'not working' could you be a bit more specific? Does it call an error? Screenshots?

G.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I saw this behavior on a Fiery, a KM IC-306 with version 3.01 installed, happily running CWS 5.6. The Software Manager-oriented upgrade crashed at some point, after which the only thing anyone could do was remove as much as possible and install CWS 5.4 from the 3.01 User Software CD. Any upgrades past that, to 5.6 or to 5.7, resulted in CWS not launching--got the splash screen only and a second later nothing.

We did remove everything first using Software Manager's Remove feature, then by running the 5.7 Master Installer and choosing the bottom option to uninstall everything. Rebooted, ran the 5.6 applications package installer from efi.com, everything looked good, but after a restart we got only the CWS splash screen for a second and then nothing.

We had to go through the entire uninstall procedure again and put 5.4 back on, which is where it sits.

We did not use the Windows control panel uninstall procedure; would that be different than the Master Installer uninstall procedure?

Service guy just figured, hey it's a Fiery, time to reinstall it from scratch, something went goofy. That's the next (planned) step.

Hi adam1991,

Yes removing from control panel removes the last parts of the Master Installer and FSM, so it is recommended in case of problems.

We have now posted Service Pack 1 for Release 4.3 online - it's available in Fiery Software Manager.

This Service Pack addresses the installer problems we saw with Command Workstation, and with Configure/Ticker.

Regards,

Greta.

Is this service pack available as a download outside of the Fiery Software Manager? It isn't obvious if so in searching the web

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

The Fiery download manager that came with CWS 5.3 and up (after it updates itself) will give you the option of downloading the service pack. I believe it appears when updating to 5.7.

Dan

Hi could you explain to me how to reinstall Agali. I just removed the Agali sw via the control panel but now i don't see inthe path you specify how to reinstall. Actally we are running CWS 5.8 just installed for the same problem mentioned before.
    tks
    br
    marino

Default E42B on RICOH proc 5100S, WIN7, 64 Bit, Java 8

it wont work, after I manual uninstall Agali, found it on E:EFI\user_sw\windows_user_sw\common Utilies\ and run the Agali installer, restart Fiery.

When try to launch config under CWS5.7, error message " To config Fiery, please enable the web services on the Fiery "
    I try change those setting through control panel and restart fiery few time, wont work at all

Default Aglia not in CWS5.8

Yep, after I update the CWS to 5.8, under E:\efi directory, the aglia not there anymore

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast