+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual IP address with EX Fiery and Xerox C70

Default Dual IP address with EX Fiery and Xerox C70

I am working with a customer that needs to be able to use the Xerox Green print driver as well as the EX Fiery driver. I have set the machine up with a switch and the machine and the fiery both have there own IP address. Printing is working fine, however they are getting a constant error saying to check the machine power cable.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what the IP settings need to be on the Fiery and the Xerox C70 to make it work in a Dual IP mode.

Thanks,

Hello Jellisonm,

Do you still have the crossover cable running from the Fiery to the engine?

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Jellisonm,
    you can still use the XEROX C70 in standard mode (with cross link cable connected between the fiery and the machine) and print over port 9200 from the clients.
    In this configuration the printdata is routed through the fiery directly to the Xerox green controller.

Thanks for the quick reply's.

I have removed the crossover cable and added a switch. The reason for doing this was the customer is a 100% MAC and I was not able to get the Xerox Green driver to work when using the crossover cable. I could not figure out how to get it to talk over port 9200.

I have a feeling that is has something to do with the fact that the EX Fiery has two NIC cards and they are not talking correctly to each other to allow for full communication between the Fiery and the the Xerox.

Hello Jellisonm,

in my showroom your configuration works well. As far as i know, the network connection between green controller and fiery is only necessary for scanning. Status messages are transfered over the video cable. (but i'm not sure.. )
    Anyway, to print over port 9200 on a Mac is not so complicated. The only thing you need, is the PostScript Option enabled on the C70!
    1. you have to load the driver from the Xerox Website
    2. add a printer with the wizard from the CUPS UI - open in Safari http://localhost:631
    (see CUPS.pdf)
    you have to choose " other network printers:AppSocket/HP JetDirect:
    socket://your-fiery-ip-adress:9200
    3. select the green controller's driver.
    done!

Hope it helps.
    Matthias
    CUPS.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisonm View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply's.

I have removed the crossover cable and added a switch. The reason for doing this was the customer is a 100% MAC and I was not able to get the Xerox Green driver to work when using the crossover cable. I could not figure out how to get it to talk over port 9200.

I have a feeling that is has something to do with the fact that the EX Fiery has two NIC cards and they are not talking correctly to each other to allow for full communication between the Fiery and the the Xerox.
    In the Address field over Jet Direct Socket you would enter ipaddress:9200

This will force the job to bypass the Fiery
    Last edited by Duceyco; 05-02-2016 at 10:54 AM. Reason: edit term

+ Reply to Thread