+ Reply to Thread

Thread: El Capitan Update - Driver not saving defaults

Question El Capitan Update - Driver not saving defaults

I've upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.3 on my iMac with 16gb ram and suddenly, I can't seem to print to the Hold Queue without manually going under printer settings in the print dialog and going to Fiery Features.

I used to be able to save my settings but now I have to go in and change them EVERY time, even if I just printed a copy a few seconds before.

Have I inadvertently installed the wrong driver? I seem to remember a while ago there were separate drivers for Print Direct, Print Hold, etc.

Is there a way to actually set and save defaults on a Mac that will *stick*?

Also... A side issue, when I let InDesign print direct to command workstation, the orientation of the page printing from InDesign is flipped.

For example:
    I have an 11x17 landscape oriented page. If I print direct (not using the Driver settings), the file will show up on Command Workstation as a portrait document, so in order to print duplexed, I have to select Top Bind.

When using the driver settings and doing under Fiery Features to select Process & Hold, the file will go to CW as a landscape page, oriented just as I see it in InDesign. Now, if I want to duplex, I have to select Right & Left Bind.

Flukey and weird... but it does get annoying when doing image shift... never knowing which way CW considers to be UP in any given situation.

Insights?

More details needed. Which driver do you have installed? Where did you get it from?
    How did you set it up on your mac?

Which Fiery model and version do you have?

My apologies, I didn't see the notification that this thread had a reply!

Since then, another issue has cropped up that is also very strange and seem driver... driven...

Unless I select a preset size from those offered in InDesign, the file that rips over is 8.5x11. I can't set any custom size in InDesign. As a work around, I've been selecting the next size up in European sizes and then changing it to the actual custom size once I get it to CWS. This isn't ideal, as you can imagine... having to set sizes twice.

To answer your questions:

The driver is: Fiery ES IC-415 PS Color Server2.0US
    Command Workstation version: 5.8.0.39 SP2
    Fiery Model/Version: IC-415 - V 2.0
    Equipment: Konica Minolta C1070-S5159

All printing software/drivers were downloaded from EFI at http://www.efi.com/support-and-downloads/downloads/ or supplied to us through our service team at Pacific Office Automation, who assisted in installation. We installed as we would any other printer driver on the Mac, through the system preferences.

The layout program through which I am sending the files is Adobe Indesign CC 2017 (it was 2016, but the issues remain the same, even after update). I'm currently still running El Capitan 10.11.6.

I hesitate to upgrade my system to Sierra until we can be sure it won't just add more issues. Any insights you can give would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sherry Baker; 03-06-2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: clarification

Default QuarkXpress will not print larger than 8.5x11 through a Fiery driver

As had been said several times on Fiery Forum, I am having the same issue with trying to print an 11x17 layout through a Fiery driver using QuarkXpress. The output will be cropped to an 8.5x11 area.

The Fiery driver was downloaded from the Fiery Printers and utilities for the correct Fiery controller.

However... when printing an 11x17 layout from Adobe InDesign or through Adobe Acrobat using the same driver works perfectly.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

+ Reply to Thread