Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1070 and FS200

Default Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1070 and FS200

Hi, I'm looking at getting a Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1070 for my business. However their brochures are all showing their Fiery boxes come with FS100. I'd like to know if FS200 is coming to those boxes any time in hte near future, or if I'd be able to upgrade later on.

For that copier, FS150 is now available for IC-415 and IC-308, as long as system software version v2.1 is installed.

Would I be capable of upgrading to the FS200 platform later on down the line with one of those? It has a feature that could potentially save me a lot of time that I'm very interested in.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the fast response.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

off topic but: FWI konica minolta machines use wax based toner. Their parts life expectancy is rather short. Also the toner doesn't work well with UV and laminating. My suggestion would be to ask around to the other print companies and find out what they find reliable and service worthy. Personally the shop i work at has switched to xerox exclusively for the service and parts reliability, and it used plastic toner.

Dan

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post
    off topic but: FWI konica minolta machines use wax based toner. Their parts life expectancy is rather short. Also the toner doesn't work well with UV and laminating. My suggestion would be to ask around to the other print companies and find out what they find reliable and service worthy. Personally the shop i work at has switched to xerox exclusively for the service and parts reliability, and it used plastic toner.

Dan
    That was not only off-topic, it was really inappropriate and bad behavior.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Sorry to bump that old thread but I'm also interested to know if there's an upgrade on EFI's or KM's roadmap.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post

Dan
    never had any issues with uv, and laminating. Bizhub 1200p, C6000,C70hc, C2060.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Way OT, but I have to admit that our experiences with Xerox as a partner for reliable printing business is far from being acceptable. The machines itself are somehow innovative and they produce quite good results (in the beginning) but when speaking over a long term usage, the service technicians can't keep this level.

We were a Xerox customer for nearly 15 years when we finally switched over to KM. Now, five years later we were happy to buy a new set of machines from them.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

So much of your experience comes from your support mechanism--vendor service, supplies, other users, etc. Shoot, even your internal operations team can make the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast