+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Account codes Fiery Central

Default Account codes Fiery Central

Trying to enable Copitrac (Account) on a Konica Minolta BH1250 or thru a IC-415 or IC-308 controller on a C1070. Fiery Controllers direct to devices work fine as does the KMBS PCL driver to the BH1250. When Fiery Central added to the equation the account info is not passed over and job is aborted. The Fiery controllers will feed back an "Authentication Failed error message" to the Fiery Central Server (FC).

I have tried using multiple drivers from the different controllers and routing them to the FC but it strips the information when sent to the device. The account field is present in the FC properties. I have gone as far as just redirecting the ports to Fiery Central (Does not work) or direct to the controller IC-308 (Works) to ensure settings remain the same.

Pulling a Log shows all the fields for notes etc. but not for the Account field

I have an KMBS tech REQ number created REQ000000159308. I have also started with EFI support on this. They are still working on it but initial response is not supported.

Has anyone found a workaround to make this work short of pulling log files and manipulation of the data?

Does anyone have a list of all the features that appear in the product as functional and allow user interaction but are not supported at this time?

Default Account Codes on Fiery Central

Hello,
    Your information is correct. The use of User Account Codes is not currently supported on Fiery Central. It has been submitted to Fiery Central Program development as a Feature Request, but at this time there is no stated ETA.

I don't believe there are any good ways to work around this, but one thing I can think of is to set the job to 'Print Action' = Hold. This way the job will be set to the Fiery Controller but held and not aborted, then you might consider using the Comments/Notes field to pass the Account Code information. Now the operator can see the code and key it in the job or the printer.

This is probably not ideal, but might be better then having the job abort or using a different work flow.

Thanks,

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

I have a customer in same situation, they are manually entering the codes in the notes field. In fact they are entering them in both fields as a way of confirming the correct code.
    The data is then pulled from the log which is auto exported every night.

Extra steps, but they are able to cost back the prints to the correct accounts for billing.

Default Accounts Codes on KM1250

Has there been any updates on this issue? I have two customers who need to use account codes on the KM 1250 from Fiery Central.

Default Accounts Codes on KM1250

Has there been any updates on this issue? I have two customers who need to use account codes on the KM 1250 from Fiery Central.

+ Reply to Thread