+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E43 HDD partisions

Default E43 HDD partisions

Hi,

Our Controller E43 for our Ricoh Pro C9110 is setup with 1 disk splitted into C: 50GB and D: 950GB
    D: is left empty and C: keeps getting full every week.

Our supplier keeps telling us that the E43 is set up by Fiery the way it is ment to be.

A hard disk split like this is quite normal IF you intend to use the D: drive for temp files, raster files, PDF files etc. which again is quite normal for a rip server.

It is very hard for us to understand this setup and that this is the way all EFI rips across the world is working. What is wrong?

You said D: is 950GB, that should be E:? E-43 is Windows 7.

C: is left for OS only (50GB).
    D: is a hidden partition containing a factory image for recovery (16GB)
    E: is rest of drive, with space for Fiery RIP to process files, store rasters etc.

I would recommend you set your temp files to go to E: drive, and don't store large files on the C: drive. If you are imposing large files, then you could be creating some large temp files. In this case I would recommend opening CWS Preferences > Paths and change the paths to the E drive.

Aside from that, can you explain why your C: drive is filling up? What is it full of? And how are you clearing space?

More info here would be helpful.

G.

Technote here for moving prefs and cache to E: Drive
    Fiery Hard Disk Partitions.pdf

Another technote for how to remove windows temp files taking up too much space on C: drive.
    cleantemp.pdf

I know this is an old post but this technote about moving prefs and cache is CWS 5 specific. How do I find these preferences in CWS 6 please, the settings are not there to change, the only solution I can think of to downgrade to CWS 5, change the settings and then upgrade to CWS 6.1

Thanks in advance, Mark.

+ Reply to Thread