+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impose greyed out on CWS5.3 and 4

Default Impose greyed out on CWS5.3 and 4

We have a Colorpass Z3000 controlling a Canon CLC(IRC)-3220. We have CWS installed on several PCs and Macs that can all control print jobs. However, we're trying to test Impose in advance of potentially sourcing a dongle for the Fiery.
    On all of the PCs and Macs Impose is greyed out. My understanding is that it should work in demo mode until a dongle is installed.
    Any help from the experts here will be greatly appreciated.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Are you trying to Impose a PS file or a PDF ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Well, you can't impose a PCL file. Impose is a PDF workflow, which means either a PDF or a Postscript file distilled to PDF (which Preview/Impose does automatically).

Make sure you're working with either of:

* a PDF file dropped into the Fiery by importing it directly using CWS; or

* a Postscript print file generated by file-print using the Postscript driver

z1300 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor z1300 is on a distinguished path

Check to see the job isn't processed and held (Dark yellow)

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

If it's a rasterized job, Impose shouldn't even appear in the right-click menu.

But if he's choosing Impose from the Actions menu in CWS, then yes, it would no doubt be grayed out.

In addition, the choice for "remove raster" should then be highlighted. He can do that, then Impose will be available.

Default Thanks

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question. It was a stupid schoolboy error in not importing the PDF straight into CWS - this definitely allows me to impose.

So we're getting there. Meanwhile, does anyone have a dongle for the Fiery they no longer need that they'd like to dispose of to us here in the UK??

So you printed the PDF through the PCL driver?

I would submit that you should not use the PCL driver at all. Use the Postscript driver. Direct import PDF and printed Postscript (which is turned into PDF during impose) can be imposed.

+ Reply to Thread