+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scale to Fit

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

Default Scale to Fit

Hi all,

Trying to print a PDF in CWS. It's mostly a4 but has a couple of pages within it that are letter sized.

In properties i've told it to "Scale to Fit'. Shouldn't it then just print it in A4 as per the rest of the document?

Instead it stops the printer until we either cancel the print or give it letter sized paper.

Is there a way around this?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

When you say trying to print - are you opening the pdf with Acrobat / Reader etc & then File Print - i.e ps arrives on the Fiery Hold Queue or are you dragging the pdf onto the Hold queue in CWS 5 & then changing the Properties of the Job prior to printing ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

the latter. I'm dragging 100 documents into CWS for a batch print and then applying properties to all.

pmhapp is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor pmhapp is on a distinguished path

Did you specifically set the Job Properties > Media to the desired size paper, or is it still set to Determine by Document size.

Quote Originally Posted by pmhapp View Post
    Did you specifically set the Job Properties > Media to the desired size paper, or is it still set to Determine by Document size.
    Yes, I set it to A4...

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

it may be reading the A4 setting from the first page and scale to fit then would be at 100% and so the letter size one will not change. If you know which pages are different there are some things you can do:

1 change it in the pdf by resizing it
    2 use media:mixed media:new page range - set document size on those pages (i'm guessing here as i haven't tried this)
    3 use impose/compose to change the files more directly.

I do agree that scale to fit should affect every page individually and not as a group. Moderators could tell you more on the dynamics of this feature.

Dan

thanks for the above, Dan.

If that is the case, and scale to fit is not on a per page basis, then I would suggest this as a feature request.

Part of the appeal of Fiery is automation and time saving. If we then have to add in additional processes such as resizing documents, it adds considerable inconvenience..

I look forward to hearing from EFI

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Go into Configure and set the option for setting ltr pages to A4.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Go into Configure and set the option for setting ltr pages to A4.
    Thank you!

This is still proving problematic when documents start in a4 and then have different page sizes thereafter.

This happens frequently with the documents that I have to print.

Can this be put on a feature request please? It is a very annoying problem as there is no error message displayed in CWS. I only find out it has happened by looking at the screen on the actual printer.

+ Reply to Thread